Water pump ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oregonnativekory

My water pump on my trailer sounds and pumps water fine when using the kitchen sink and toilet but sounds pulsy when using the bathroom sink and shower. The water also comes out in pulses. Any ideas on why this could be?

Thanks in advance!

yes as weewun says check for blockages check the screen in the sink, the bathroom fixtures are smaller so the water flow is slower and the the pump will build up pressure and shut off and on,

I suspect.. When you say pulsey you mean that the pump is running wide open so you feel the thing more or less vibrating as water flow changes (Which is exactly what is happening)

Two options

1: Bigger (or dual) pumps.. I remember noticing a rig with dual pumps and the owner's response when I said "What a spare just in case?" he said, No, but if you turn 'em both on it'll knock your hat off in the shower (What can I say, he was there to perform at the nearby Cowboy Church.. He fit right in).

2: Oxygenics shower head... Uses less water, thus does not strain the pump as much. IT will, however, still feel "Pulsey" becuase... The shower head does that.

Unless you have a variable speed pump, lower flow rates will increase the frequency of pump cycling as the pump attempts to maintain a constant pressure. Even with a variable pump, there will still be some cycling. It sounds as though your bathroom fixtures have a low flow rate, which may mean a clogged line or faucet outlet, or simply a low capacity faucet.  The bathroom sink faucets may indeed be small, but usually a shower is not designed that way. They do get clogged heads, though, and many of a built-in flow restrictor to conserve water.

Back
Top Bottom