Brainard Lake Recreation Area, Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1mtnman

These pictures were taken by me on a Sept 2013 camping trip to the Brainard Lake Recreation Area near the small mining town of Ward, Colorado.  The campground is Pawnee Campground.  It is a very popular area near the Boulder, Colorado area.  A new campground(Pawnee Campground) was just finished this year and the older campground which was there has been renovated
and is quite nice now.
This entire area is at an elevation of 10,000+feet.  There are many trails which go into the alpine areas which are up to 12,500 feet.  There is also trout fishing in both streams and lakes in the area.

Here are some of my pictures;  http://imgur.com/a/HDa4E

Hope you enjoy them.  If you like you can select full screen you will get improved detail.
1mtnman

Wow, what a beautiful spot and area!  Looks like an area I'd like to explore :)  Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl

Great pictures.  You have to love Colorful Colorado.  Guessing this would be a dry camping area for those of us in a MH. Right?

Chuck

Hi Chuck:
Thanks for your comments.  The campground in my pictures does not provide electric or dump facilities.  There is water available and all the toilet facilities are new however they are tank type toilets.

Back
Top Bottom