question about installing extend a stay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yarnkitty

I am installing an extend a stay kit so I can use propane from an external tank.  I did not think to flush the 5 foot hose from the auxiliary tank before hooking up to the tee.  Now we have no gas flow to the stove.  I'm thinking it's air in the line and I just need to get that flushed out.  I have the valve at the onboard tank CLOSED and the valve from the auxiliary tank OPEN.  Do I need to leave a stove burner turned on until it lights?  Or do I need to leave it off and wait a few minutes between tries to light it?  Thanks!

Runnig a stove burner is an easy way to get rid of air in the lines. Running the water heater on propane is even better, assuming the heater will light and stay lit.

Five feet of hose is not a lot - should clean out in a few minutes.

Thanks Gary.  What happens when I turn on the stove burner is there is a little burst of gas then nothing.  It's like there is no pressure.  We just went out and turned off the auxiliary bottle and opened the valve to the onboard tank and everything is working fine.  Any ideas?

Do I remember correctly that turning on the propane valve too fast will likely activate the emergency shut-off valve and not allow propane to flow? I would try shutting the propane valve OFF and turning on a stove burner to make sure the line pressure goes to zero, then turn the stove burner off and very slowly turn the propane valve ON. After the system is pressurized, turn the propane valve ON fully and see if your problem is solved.

R

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom