Thanksgiving Day parade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Watching the school marching bands in the Thanksgiving Day parade is almost mind boggling. Can't imagine the amount of planning and rehearsal involved.

Too bad many of them can barely read or write.  Seems to me that the education systems have lost their focus, even though their performances are fantastic.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Too bad many of them can barely read or write.  Seems to me that the education systems have lost their focus, even though their performances are fantastic.

Ed

Don't know or understand what this has it do with the parade. Am I missing somethng?

Jack

We watched the parade as well and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am with Tom, the school marching bands were excellent, specially this year.

By the way, to play a music instrument takes a high level of literacy!! ;)

If you guys like marching bands, find the Ohio State Marching Band halftime show Tribute to Hollywood on You Tube. Amazing stuff.

Bill

Jack-Bikes said:
Don't know or understand what this has it do with the parade. Am I missing somethng?

Perhaps this is what I meant: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/us-students-lag-around-average-on-international-science-math-and-reading-test/2013/12/02/2e510f26-5b92-11e3-a49b-90a0e156254b_story.html

Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom