06 conquest by gulf stream furnace won't stay lit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmcdowell1986

The furnace won't stay lit after the electronic igniter turns off any help would be wonderful thanks

The furnace make and model will help in this.

If the furnace actually lights (you can see or hear the flame burning) then it goes out, the problem is likely to be in the flame sensing system - sensor, or control board.  Make sure the sensor (looks similar to a thermocouple) is properly positioned near the flame and unplug and clean control board connectors.

Another common problem is the sail switch operation.  The sail switch is located in the path of the blower output.  The purpose is to insure the blower comes up to speed before allowing the burner to come on.  This could be as simple as a lower battery preventing the blower from coming up to speed.

Yea this unit is a model sf-25 serial number 064207762 and I have pulled the unit out and used can air to clean the board off and reinstalled the unit before I did this the igniter would come on and light and hot air would comes out of the exhaust port but when the igniter would stop so would the heat now after cleaning and reinstallation the heat won't even come out of the exhaust port real head scratcher Oh and this is not a thermo coupling application

The suggestions above seem like the most likely to me.  But if those check out okay and are not the problem, the next thing I'd check is my LPG pressure.  The regulator next to the tanks can accumulate oil over time and the pressure can drop below the desired 10.5 water column inches.  At least, it did on mine, dropping to about 6 inches.  Stove, oven, and fridge all continued to work okay on this reduced pressure.

I will say I find it odd that the igniter runs long enough that it's still clicking away after heat is (or was) coming out the exhaust port. Although you're no longer getting any heat, the fact that you got some while the ignitor was running suggests to me you either have an obstructed air intake or insufficient LPG pressure.  Low LPG pressure might show up in some yellow flame on your stove burners.

When you get it fixed, let us know what it was?

How quickly does it go out. If it burns for 15-30 seconds, it could be the thermocouple failing to report a flame, so a safety shutdown occurs. But if it goes out as soon as the igniter stops sparking, it is more likely something else. The controller normally waits at least 15 seconds for the thermocouple to report that it snesed a flame.

Some units like the ones on my RV have flame rectification so it creates a small mV or uV signal to the controller that a flame is present. I would double check the igniter probes that they are not corroded or rusted. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom