TV inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leafman

Hi all,
just got a Pleasure Way 2007 Luxor TS. Trying to figure out if the inverter is working. It comes on and the fan works but the TV does not. The DVD player works. When hooked up to shore power the TV works ? Is there a way to test the inverter to see if it actually working?

TV works on shore power? Is there more than one outlet in the TV cabinet and is the DVR plugged into the same outlet as the TV? Is the TV being fed off the main inverter or does it have a small inverter just for electronics?

In my 2013 PW Excel, there is a 120V outlet in the cabinet with the inverter.  The DVD may be plugged into the inverter, and the TV into the 120V outlet.  If its a 12V TV, I don't have a clue...

Leafman said:
Hi all,
just got a Pleasure Way 2007 Luxor TS. Trying to figure out if the inverter is working. It comes on and the fan works but the TV does not. The DVD player works. When hooked up to shore power the TV works ? Is there a way to test the inverter to see if it actually working?

I know this is a long time after you posted the question, but being new to this forum I just saw it.

I have a 2005 PW with (probably) the same rear TV/inverter setup that you have. On mine the inverter works only if you turn on the (almost hidden) power button on its side. With that I can run the inverter while driving, while parked and on shore power or when dry camping. Of course the fan noise is a pain but I can charge our cell phones without any problem in any situation.

I just joined this forum 25 mins ago so this reply may be too late to be of value. Some TVs (LED), laptops and microwaves will not operate with a modified sine wave inverter. I had this problem in our 95 Roadtrek and solved it by installing a pure sine wave inverter and now everything runs properly. They are more expensive but you may get one on sale. Ours was on sale at Canadian Tire for $150 for a 1000 watt which is enough to  run the nuker or coffee maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom