Rocket from the Cape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

Just saw the rocket go up at 5:42 EST.

The trajectory seemed much farther south than most of the previous shots that I have seen. The trajectory also seemed to be low. I guess when the first module was ejected both objects appeared to emit about the same amount of light for a long time.

Whole shot seemed strange.

Carson, did you see it?

Judway, Nope, I am too far away and there are a lot of trees in the way. (zip code 34461)

Wonder if we will ever find out. Maybe an Amazon delivery vehicle.  ;)

I have seen vapor trails from my house (34771) but I didn't see anything tonight. It is 6:10, a half an hour after the launch and all I can see looking towards the cape is a lot of clouds.

I caught it on the road coming back from the vet, it did look like it was further south and on a path I don't remember seeing launches take before....yes it did look odd. Must have been OK or the news would be full of it by now.  Every launch, no matter how small reminds me of the Challenger explosion.

The launch trajectory was more southerly because the satellite has to be put into a geostationary transfer orbit, eventually ending up orbiting at a point over the equator.  I watched the launch on the live video feed from the SpaceX web site and it was perfect.  The video from the camera on the engine bell was spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom