EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Lance Air Conditioner  (Read 2891 times)

beef56

• ---
Lance Air Conditioner
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »
I have been looking at used Lance pickup campers. Many of them are not equipped with A/C. We live in SD and the summers do get hot. Do the fantastic fans cool that well that an A/C is not necessary?

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Lance Air Conditioner
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »
If you will normally have an electrical hook-up available, I'd opt for the a/c. It gets mighty hot in a small box parked in the blazing sun.

I suspect the reason that most do not have a/c (besides cost) is that many truck camper owners do their camping off-grid, so having an a/c is not all that beneficial (unless you are willing to run a generator non-stop).
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

beef56

• ---
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
Thanks Gary, that makes sense. For me the cost of might be worth it for the times I would have power.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 08:06:45 AM »
A friend from Montana recently spent a week in my yard in Florida in his big Lance camper. He had removed the a/c that originally came with it because he rarely used it in Montana (he's an avid boondocker). After a few days in Florida, even though it was November, he said "Now I understand why so many RVs have air conditioners!"
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:53 AM »
I just sold my 2004 Lance 1121 that was equipped with A/C, I only used it a handful of times, but it was totally worth it. My current RV search (Class C) includes the requirement for two A/C units, one unit dedicated to the bedroom is my preference. Of course I live in the Desert Southwest so A/C is not an option; however, most of our camping is done in the mountains or Pacific Northwest where the A/C units rarely run.
John & Susan
2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J
2005 Jeep Wrangler X, Toad, a little modified
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

Hosted by Over The Network