Lance Air Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beef56

I have been looking at used Lance pickup campers. Many of them are not equipped with A/C. We live in SD and the summers do get hot. Do the fantastic fans cool that well that an A/C is not necessary?

If you will normally have an electrical hook-up available, I'd opt for the a/c. It gets mighty hot in a small box parked in the blazing sun.

I suspect the reason that most do not have a/c (besides cost) is that many truck camper owners do their camping off-grid, so having an a/c is not all that beneficial (unless you are willing to run a generator non-stop).

Thanks Gary, that makes sense. For me the cost of might be worth it for the times I would have power.

A friend from Montana recently spent a week in my yard in Florida in his big Lance camper. He had removed the a/c that originally came with it because he rarely used it in Montana (he's an avid boondocker). After a few days in Florida, even though it was November, he said "Now I understand why so many RVs have air conditioners!"

I just sold my 2004 Lance 1121 that was equipped with A/C, I only used it a handful of times, but it was totally worth it. My current RV search (Class C) includes the requirement for two A/C units, one unit dedicated to the bedroom is my preference. Of course I live in the Desert Southwest so A/C is not an option; however, most of our camping is done in the mountains or Pacific Northwest where the A/C units rarely run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom