10.7 cu Whirlpool replacement for Norcold 841 Refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

I now have my new Whirlpool refrigerator mounted in the motorhome. It took quite longer than I expected, but everything except the door latches are installed. The temperatures are 0 +/- 2 degrees for the freezer and 40 +/- 2 degrees for the refrigerator. The next step is hooking up the inverter to make it work off the 12V house battery. I have a Xantrex 900Watt ProWatt sinewave unit ready to be installed.

Previously, I stated that the system would not work off the house battery but would work off the chassis battery. I have now found the problem with working off the house battery. It is fixed and everything seems to work just fine. I did something quite stupid to cause the problem and do not intend to tell what I did. I am embarrassed.

For any new people going to try this replacement, I say just hook up everything the correct way and you will not have any problems.

Installing the Inverter will take some time but I have no doubt everything will work.

Trying to do most of the work myself, I have a few more dings in the doors. :-[

Glad to hear you got it installed and running, Wayne. And I won't ask about the "stupid" - I've got plenty of my own to contemplate and don't need to borrow yours!

Back
Top Bottom