Travel Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D

D2

Attached are two spreadsheets-?Travel Recommendations-9-8-06? and ?Blank Travel Recommendations?.

?Travel Recommendations-9-8-06? contains the beginnings of my travel recommendations.

Please only use the ?Blank Travel Recommendations? spreadsheet for your entries.

Since we have many seasoned travelers with a great deal of travel information to share, please feel free to submit information incrementally.? You may want to start with your most memorable travels, latest travels, information about things in the area you are currently living, etc.? Do it in small chunks ? maybe taking some time when it is cold or rainy and you are cooped up inside. It seems the most asked about areas are in the west - Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, etc.? ?That could be a good start.

Even though it is easier for me if all information is provided, please don?t let the amount of information requested stop you from sharing your knowledge.? If you don?t have time to provide all info, I can help look up phone numbers and websites if you ask (I don?t want to add to or change anyone?s information without permission).? I need to know the RV Park name and the city (for example, on my entry for Yellowstone, I put Yellowstone for the city/area since that is what people will look for but Yellowstone?s Edge RV Park is in Livingston, MT).? I can?t help with GPS coordinates but maybe someone will volunteer this information for us Non-GPSers.

Please save the ?Blank Travel Recommendations? to your hard drive and change the file name before re-posting (something like ?D2 Travel Recommendations-9-8-06.xls? as this will help me keep files straight when I get multiple files).

By downloading the spreadsheet to your hard drive, you will have it available for new entries as you travel if you don't not have internet connection available.? Then post on the forum when you do get internet connectivity.

No need to alphabetize your entries, just do a brain dump.? When I cut and paste your entries into the master spreadsheet, I will sort.

Recommendations for the same city/area by different folks are welcome and helpful.

When complete, please post back to the forum with ?Travel Recommendations? in the title as a reply to this thread so I will see it or you can send me a private PM of where it is posted.? I will add your input to the master and ask Tom to put the updated spreadsheet into the library for everyone?s use.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.? Hopefully, this will be a useful resource we can all use as we travel this great country of ours!!

Attachments

• Travel Recommendations-9-8-06.xls
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Blank Travel Recommendations.xls
    22 KB · Views: 260
Great job D2, thanks.

D2 said:
When complete, please post back to the forum with ?Travel Recommendations? in the title......

It would be preferable for folks to bookmark this topic and post their spreadsheets as replies to this topic rather than having lots of 1-message "Travel recommendations" topics spread around the board. OTOH, if I see any wayward ones, I'll go ahead and merge them into this topic.

Thanks, Tom.  I changed my instructions. 

We "talked" about putting the spreadsheets in the library.  Would it be appropriate to also make it a "Sticky" Topic for ease of finding the thread?  Do updates to "Sticky" topics show in the "Show unread posts since last visit"?

Yes, the spreadsheets will be in the library. I went ahead and stickied the topic. Updates to the same message do not show up as New (they don't show up in "Show unread replies since last visit"), but additional replies to the topic do.

Thank you very much, Tom.  This will make it easier for me to monitor for updates.

The file and a link to this topic are now in the forum library here.

Thanks, Al.? You are the first contributor!!

Tom - Attached is a new spreadsheet with Al's entries and a few more I added.

Attachments

• Travel Recommendations-9-10-06.xls
    52 KB · Views: 233
I give up  \guess I'm just too stupid for computer work.  Still can't download it  even off of Betty's  OH  well guess I'm not supposed to now

Shayne,

If our experienced computer pros are having a tough time figuring it out, it can't be that easy.

I went ahead and emailed the two spreadsheets to you. Let me know if you can open them from the email. Thanks.

Tom,

New spreadsheet for the library.

Attachments

• Travel Recommendations-9-12-06.xls
    53.5 KB · Views: 151
How about a challenge for the whole framily.

Can we get 50 people to add 1 entry to the travel recommendations.

O.k., who wants to be the first on this challenge!!  ;)

How about I just give you the info for the place we stayed in Montrose and you can fill it in?

Montrose, CO
King's River Bend RV Park
877-249-8235
$28 full hookup ($18.50 with Passport America)
pull-thrus and back-ins, room for big rigs
Free WiFi
on the river
fishing lake adjacent with places for dogs to walk and romp
museums, Russell Stover factory (cheap candy!!!), 19 miles to Black Canyon of the Gunnison Nat'l Park
http://www.coloradodirectory.com/riverbendrv/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom