Latest Java Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

Be very careful when installing the latest Java update. Read each page carefully before clicking the accept button. The install exe program tries to install several programs which you may not want. I had to click the decline botton several times before I got to the actual Java installation.
There are several other programs whose updates do something similar. Read carefully before clicking accept or install.

Oracle has been including optional software with their updates for some time.  Adobe does the same thing.  They are almost always defaulted to on, so do look at those checkboxes carefully.

As for Java, unless you have a desktop application that needs it, there is no need for Java.  But if you do need it for a desktop application, be sure to go to the Java control panel and uncheck "Enable Java content in the browser" on the Security tab.  There is NO need for Java to run in your browser for almost everyone.

I had to disable several things and I still had to uninstall somethign,, But in fairness to JAVA, I don't think that something came from Java and I do not think I approved it.. I sure deleted it though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metsman5
Back
Top Bottom