HOW TO HOOK UP 12 VOLT RV BATTERIES TO 1995 FLEETWOOD SOUTHWIND

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dawnnlp

:'( PLease help. Just bought 2 new 12 volt rv batteries for my fleetwood southwind and now we can not remember exactly where all the terminals go. The rv only has 2 batteries..never had a 3rd battery. The batterys are located under the hood of the rv and i can not find a picture anywhere on how to properly hook these batterys back up. We live in our Rv and need help fast. Please e-mail me asap. Another thing i wanted to ask is. When i'm plugged into shoreline i have kitchen lights, but no microwave or tv operating. I have checked the fuses and there is power from the house to the rv, but for some reason the microwave and tv are not working. They were working before i had work done in a body shop that placed a new head light on the drivers side. Now i have no microwave or tv unless i turn on the generator, i should be able to get all this again just being plugged into the shoreline. Did they do something to screw things up, or is the battery termanls hooked up wrong?? Please help. Bought new batteries and now i need a  picture on how to hook them up properly and need to figure out why microwave and tv not working on shore line. Thank you.

Not to confuse you further, but your Southwind did come from the factory with three batteries.  It had one 12V starting/chassis battery and two 6V (series connected) aux/house batteries.  Apparently, someone, somewhere, has replaced the two house batteries with a single 12V battery.  Not unusual, but you probably will not find a photo of your current configuration.  We still have some early '90s Fleetwood owners here who may be able to help.

It's unlikely that replacing a headlight had anything to do with losing the TV and Micro from shore power.  It sounds more like a problem with your 120vac transfer switch/relay contacts stuck in the generator position.  The transfer switch is mounted on the back side of your main circuit breaker panel.  You might try giving the breaker panel a good rap (or two) with a rubber mallet or something similar.  Sometimes this will jar the contacts loose again.

Thank you i will give that a try if i can find it. My circuit breaker with the fuses is under the frig..ifff that is the correct one..gotta figure out how to get to the back of it to see what is back there. Thanks again.

dawnnlp said:
Thank you i will give that a try if i can find it. My circuit breaker with the fuses is under the frig..ifff that is the correct one..gotta figure out how to get to the back of it to see what is back there. Thanks again.
I wasn't talking about the fuse panel (however it may be attached to the right hand side of the BREAKER panel), I was referring to the 120vac breaker panel.

Don't smash the breakers, but give the whole panel a good whack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom