Truck Camper Tie Downs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Figured I would try here, not really sure if I am alone with my style rig or not. 

Anyway,  just did the truck trade, and with that I had to decide whether to upgrade my HappiJac system to the new style, or go with another.  I went with another.  To upgrade the front it was going to cost the same as switching to new system, and to use their back tie setup would require more faith than I posess for the new rear bumper.  Doesn't look as meaty as my old one.  So, that meant adding the new rear in the same type as new front.  I found the TorkLift system to be well thought out, and the way to go. 

Next I figured why not just stay with them for the turnbuckle portion as well.  They have one they call the Fast Gun.  Wow, what a difference!  Uses the eccentric type setup like truckers use to cinch loads. 

Got everything installed by Sat Am, and today, test loaded the camper.  Easy to use, way easier!  With the extended cab, the overhang comes just forward of my windshield, much better visibility! 

Anyone considering HappiJac or another system, check www.torklift.com and you can buy them via CampingWorld at the best price I found (Pres Club), and right now $1 shipping.  I figure I saved almost 100 bucks in total.  I am not associated with either, but based on past experience, I am ready to add my testimonial to their site! 

Hi Bill,

Good to see you back again. We'll be back in CT in two months. Maybe this will be the year for a meet???? 

I haven't heard of the new tie down system. We use the Happy Jacks and they seem pretty easy to install. I can even do it. ;D ;D ;D It'll be interesting to see if the dealership has switched.

BTW, I'm having lots of problems trying to stay connected via cell phone. I never know when I can get on line. So far this connection has lasted about 10 minutes!!!!

From what I hear, Lance is switching allegiencce.  This new one is really great and I loved my Happi Jac system.  However, I found out that the squeek I kept hearing and attributing to my truck frame or shock or spring, was actually the HappiJac turnbuckles!  The new Fast Gun is amazing and easy.  Check out the website when you get a chance.

This summer has to be it.  You have a rig we haven't seen, we have the new truck and dog.  and motorcycle... (dog likes to ride with me!_)

Bill,

If Lance is switching then I'll get to see the new setup. :)

OK, let's start planning now and maybe it'll happen before summer ends. ;D

Jim Dick said:
BTW, I'm having lots of problems trying to stay connected via cell phone. I never know when I can get on line. So far this connection has lasted about 10 minutes!!!!

Jim

Have you tried adding a ping to your connection? Sometimes if the activity slows down, like when you are reading messages, the cell carrier kind of drops you and you have to redial. I have a batch file that I use whenever I am not just up/downloading to keep the connection good. If 10 minutes seems to be your limit, you could also try having your email agent check for new email every couple of minutes.

If you are using a tabbed browser, an alternative is Ned's procedure; list all your unread topics, click on each of the "new" icons at the end of the topic making sure your browser is set to open each topic in a new tab. Then disconnect and read. You'll have to go back on to respond but you can read at your leisure.

So, in CT end of June?  That festival we will be at in CT will be weekend of Aug 5,6,7.  8th is a holiday in RI, so we will take a day after fest to wind down. 

Bernie,

I'll try that. It's strange I never had a problem until just recently. It's like windoze has changed something on me but all looks correct. Well, it's working today.

BillnRI said:
So, in CT end of June?  That festival we will be at in CT will be weekend of Aug 5,6,7.  8th is a holiday in RI, so we will take a day after fest to wind down. 

Bill,

That looks like a good time. If you're in East Hartford again you're only 20 minutes from our daughter's. Plenty of room for a slidein! ;D

Jim Dick said:
I'll try that. It's strange I never had a problem until just recently. It's like windoze has changed something on me but all looks correct. Well, it's working today.

Weren't you on wi-fi hookups until recently?

BernieD said:
Jim Dick said:

Weren't you on wi-fi hookups until recently?

Yes, I've been on wi-fi hookups a lot this winter. Looks like the problem is a defective/intermittent USB port.

kkolbus said:
Have you tried paying your 'phone bill? Some companies require that ;D

That must be it!!!! I figured if I kept moving they couldn't catch me but wouldn't know who in the company to call to turn off my service. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom