Leaving in COLD weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P

Peteyboy

Left Western Pa. last thursday, 12/12/13, headed for Texas.  A few observations.  I have a cover for the MH which I really like, but if it snows and freezes just before you leave, you may have to cut it off, or pull it off with a tow truck. Luckily, I got mine off but not without some damage to the cover.  Second,,,,, tow bars have mechanisms that snap into place when the bars get extended to their full length.  If the mechanism has been out in the cold, chances are the snap into place thingys may not snap into place.  When the toad slams back and forth when you brake and accelerate, you better pull off, start the generator, get out the heat gun you just happened to think you may need, and plug it into the MH, and heat up the tow bar around the snap thingy, and solve the problem. Other than pulling into CG's that we were the only campers there in 5 inches of snow, it has been the typical great trip.  We are at a great CG in western Florida right now, with great wi-fi and all the bells and whistles.  Should hit Houston by thursday.

Back
Top Bottom