rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: dog house- engine cover  (Read 2115 times)

sides

• ---
dog house- engine cover
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »
 i have a 2005 damon daybreak on a  workhorse platform. how does the dog house come off? cannot see any latches, seams in the carpet,gasket seals, nothing. i asked the dealer and  he could not help me. hoping somebody out there could have the answer to my problem.

Alfa38User

• ---
Re: dog house- engine cover
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:13 AM »
I am not familiar with your particular motor home but, very often there are some screws/bolts buried around the lower edges of the dog house, skillfully hidden in the carpeting. They are often 'Allen key" headed bolts and sometimes difficult to find.... Good luck!!!
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver NOW S0LD!!

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:23:12 PM »
If it is like my INTRUDER you use your ENGINE key, there should be three Turn Latches, one on each corner  (This is the circular key with the big flat handle) .

However,, That said, I do not know if it's like my Intruder.. The locks can get "Burried in carpet) if you do not know they are there.   Since I got my rig sticker in the window new.. THey were not (yet) burried when I got it.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

YaddaYadda

• ---
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
They could be buried in the carpet.  Get a magnet.....

max49

• ---
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:01:46 PM »
I have the same MH, '05 Daybreak Workhorse.  There 5 screws, I believe, The carpet goes over the edge of the doghouse and the screws are buried in the carpet. Tap around with a phillips screwdriver, ice pick, maybe a a magnet may help.  Once you take it off, you will never get the screws back in the same holes, but you can just make new holes. 
I've had my dog house off maybe 4 or a half dozen times since '05. It's never a fun job finding the screws. Mine were big phillips head. I changed them to hex head self tapping in hopes of being able to find them easier which didn't help too much.
 I guess we could put big washers on to make finding them easier, but would probably look pretty ugly. Good luck, they're in there.
Max

sides

• ---
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 07:47:35 AM »
 thanks i really  appreciate the reply. i now know where to look.