Puerto Penasco, Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indiana journey

I just read an article about two Government (Mexico) helicopter gunships having a battle with 10 cars leaving Puerto Penasco. It was supposedly drug lords trying to set up a route for drug trafficking. Five? of the cars were completely disabled. Several guns were found in the cars and five people were killed by the helicopters.
Several years ago I tried to get my wife to take a Winnebago Rally/Tour to Rocky Point. We had been across the border a few times previously @ border towns. She refused! I guess she was right.
As much as I would love to tour Mexico, I don't think that is going to happen.
Indiana Journey

I read about a shooting in a Reno hospital and another in a Colorado theater and several massacres in schools and fast food restaurants across the country.  I sure wanted to tour the US. So, I guess I will just take my chances.

I've been to Puerto Penasco many times.  There's a decent RV park called Sandy Beach, right on the... beach.  I camp in my tent a lot, but there are tons of trailers and RVers. 

My guess is all the negative press is keeping away tourists, which sucks for the tourism economy down there, but keeps the crowds down! Great for the die hards who don't believe the nonsense!

Edit- now that I look at the news report, My old hang out is right where the shooting took place.  Wow. 
http://www.fronterasdesk.org/content/9351/five-killed-puerto-pe%C3%B1asco-tourist-zone-gun-battle

Back
Top Bottom