Yosemite reservations all the way from australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natasha163

:)
Hi everyone. My husband and I and our 4 kids are travelling from australia to the usa and canada again for another 6 week roadtrip in june and july 2014.
We have our rv booked and have begun our reservations at some of our campgrounds.
We have secured campsites at sequoia and zion,  however we still have yosemite yet to book, and it is a little daunting!

I wanted to clarify with you guys my dates and when i need to book.

We need reservations for 22nd 23rd and 24th june 2014. I know that you have to book 5 months in advance on the 15th of the month and be ready to go at 7am.

So do i make my booking on 15th jan or 15th feb. and what time zone do i have to use?

Are there any other tips you can offer other than to be ready before 7, be logged in to recreation.gov already, have credit card ready, several computers going, list of campsites ready....

If all else fails, what are the chances of getting a cg out of the valley if in the valley is booked out? Do they book out straight away to? Is there anywhere in particular that is close and good if i can't get reservations in the valley.

Its all very intimidating!  :-\

Thanks so much!

natasha163 said:
We need reservations for 22nd 23rd and 24th june 2014. I know that you have to book 5 months in advance on the 15th of the month and be ready to go at 7am.
So do i make my booking on 15th jan or 15th feb. and what time zone do i have to use?
You would use January 15th at 7 am Pacific Coast Time.
Are there any other tips you can offer other than to be ready before 7, be logged in to recreation.gov already, have credit card ready, several computers going, list of campsites ready....
The best campground on the valley floor is Upper Pines. It is the newest and the most spacious.
If all else fails, what are the chances of getting a cg out of the valley if in the valley is booked out? Do they book out straight away to? Is there anywhere in particular that is close and good if i can't get reservations in the valley.
Indian Flat Campgrounds is located closer to Yosemite than any other commercial campground and it is pretty easy to get reservations there.
Its all very intimidating!  :-\
The best thing about it is that Yosemite (IMHO) is the most beautiful spot on the face of the Earth so it is worth the hassle. Try and go in early June before the waterfalls all dry up. May would even be better. Less mosquitoes, less people, more waterfalls.

:) Thank you so much, as always seiler bird, you are sooooo helpful. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom