Hey Admin - We need a thread for product reviews - Portable Ice Maker for Xmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wigpro

I have been eyeballing the small Dometic Portable Ice Maker for a long time..but was wary of it...then feeling like I deserved a Christmas Gift from someone (myself)...I ordered one....well I am NOT disappointed....I read the reviews on Camping World and Amazon and wondered how true they really were, well I am not exaggerating  the thing works great!!

This is the one I am talking about....HERE!

When I bought mine it happened to be on sale at Camping World for just about $200.00 so I went for it....

Well I live full time in a very small 5th wheel 20 feet and the fridge and freezer is tiny, I have an additional small 1.5 Cu ft freezer and was using the small one in the RV for my ice trays and it was a major hassle to get the trays out...had to unload most of the freezer...well I have been known to have a cocktail or two in the evenings so ice is a major consideration....well when I got this a week or so ago, I threw out the cracked cheap plastic ice trays and filled this puppy with water, by the time I washed my glass, cut up a lime and opened my bottle of Boodles - there was enough ice in the machine to make a drink....so for the first time in several years it was much easier. By the time I finished the first drink there was more than enough ice for at least two more....so shut the machine off and smiled broadly....

Good purchase - the footprint is not too big, it will not KEEP ice, it drops it in a bucket and if you don't use it, it will just melt back down into the water container....has a choice of large or small cubes - the large are not very big but perfect for a drink...they say it makes the small ones faster, but time to first batch is about 10-15 minutes....which isn't bad.

Now where I am I going to store this thing while traveling...the shower along with all the other crap I have no place for will probably work...

So i am happy with my purchase and it was the perfect Christmas Gift to me!!

I purchased a very similar Magic Chef version (picture looks the same as...) for $99.00 special buy at Home Depot month and 1/2 ago. So far, so good. Makes ice within a couple minutes and beats fussing with ice trays. (Fits neatly by entry under kitchen counter. It cut way down on spare water bottles I usually carried there.)
Good luck with yours.

Bob

... we need a thread for product reviews

We don't have "threads" here, but you already started a topic on product reviews.

Like Bob I too have the Magic Chef. Had it for over 3 years now. Love it. Matter of fact I bought 2 as 'scratch and dents' at a too good a price to pass up! Gave 1 to my son as a present.
Have had no issues with mine. Works great and will start producing ice quick, quicker if you add some ice to the water to bring the temp down.
On a camping trip my son said his wasn't working. I went down to see about it. A light on the display indicated it was out of water (when it was full).  Then I looked at a gal. jug beside it. Label on it said it was 'purified' water. I asked if they had filled it with that and the answer was "yes". There's your problem, either add a sprinke of salt or use regular water. The sensors that detect that the resovoir has water require some mineral content to detect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skidsteerpilot
Back
Top Bottom