EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Mail forwarding when you keep moving?  (Read 7710 times)

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Mail forwarding when you keep moving?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 04:58:51 PM »
Hi herekittykitty,

It doesn't matter where your domicile is as you just have your mail forwarded to Pouchly (or change your address with anyone who sends you mail) and they scan it and email it to you. Our bank required a US address for our statements and since we just sold our house, we signed up for the service. I just looked at their website and they do offer package forwarding but I use amazon prime.

I would suggest that keeping your domicile address and general mail address in the same community is wise if some other state decides you have created residency in their tax district. One of the test for domicile is intent to return and showing that your mail goes to your "home address" is one more way of reinforcing that.

That said we do have incidental mail sent directly to us at our snowbird address in the winter but our standard mail goes to our forwarder in SD, including the tax and utility bills for our Phoenix property.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:00:45 PM by Jeff »

becalynnh

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if there was a need for a mail forwarding service amongst the RV community? Like someone that receives your mail and sends it in a box to you when requested?

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 11:33:03 AM »
There certainly is, but there are many commercial services available that do just that!!
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 01:33:27 PM »
My Mail goes to a mail box company in Eastern MI, My "Domicile" is my brother's house in Western, MI and I am for at least the near future parked in Georgia.

MOST cities or any size have a mail box store.. This is a store that offers box rentals and other package/mail serivices, they act as agents for you, signing for signature required mail and packages,  Unlike the post office they can also accept/ship via UPS- FED-EX and other companies.   The one I use is called Postal Depot.

I call them,, Tell them where to deliver my mail, and a few days later I either pick it up at the Post Office or UPS knocks on my door, whichever is less expensive.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Howard Jaros

• ---
  • Love Full Time RV Life and running Biz from the RV
    • Your Full Time RV Living Source
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »
We have been full timing for six years, and of those, we have used MyRvMail for four of them to handle this issue.  We have packages shipped directly to the campgrounds we are staying at.  But for a domicile address for tax, business, and vehicle registrations, it is nice to have a physical address that regular mail can come to and have forwarded whenever we want it.  It can come regular mail or overnight if need be.  We can also call and ask what is in our box.  We usually just log in to our account and check our inbox from their website.  They are a division of Passport America.  We enjoy their 50% off camping at over 1900 parks around the country, and also get a break on the mail forwarding as members.  Here's a post from my website that might help: http://yourfulltimervliving.com/rv-mail-forwarding-service-peace-of-mind-while-full-time-rving
Blessings,
Howard, Pam, and Lindsey the authoring Corgi
www.yourfulltimervliving.com

Hosted by Over The Network