Mail forwarding when you keep moving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only problem is their address is in Georgia. Doesn't work if your domicile is in SD, TX, or FL.

That is probably not an issue as long as you have other substantial ties to your domicile state, e.g. driving license, vehicle registration, maybe some property, and/or other ties to the community (church, doctors, etc). No single thing qualifies or disqualifies your choice of domicile.

Mailing address could be a consideration when it comes to vehicle licensing, driver license, and vehicle insurance (garaging address).  I would keep a mailing address in my chosen state of domicile to avoid all these potential problems.

Hello folks.. one of my questions about becoming a full time RVer is the mail... good info  thanks..Scott

pouch.ly offers an address in Texas too. It let me choose between GA or TX during checkout. It seems that Texas is an RV friendly state so probably a better option for full timers or those looking to establish a domicile. I'm not a full timer, at least not yet! ;)

We are military, so we only move every few years or so. There is a local post office close to where we are going to be putting the rv. I couldn't tell. Does the general post office accept deliveries from ups and fedex? Or would it be a better idea to sign up for a service like Escapees or similar? We won't really have paper bills. I just want something so if I order something online it will get delivered to me. Which brings up another question. For example Escapees, can u just sign up online or do you have to physically sign up in person. And as far as insurance purposes go for the rv and our car would a mail forwarding place that accepts domicile work for those type of situations? Where an address is needed.

Christina L.

Has anyone heard of this website for mail fowarding? Only $100 for year for a mailbox. Seems pretty legit.
https://www.maillinkplus.com/registration_step1.ph
We are trying to keep moving costs low. Would I do this after I actually move or before?

Christina L

Post office will not accept UPS.. There is a relationship between FED-EX and USPS but I do not think they can receive Fed-EX or any of the other delivery services,,,, Only their own stuff.

HOWEVER,, all is not lost.

There are many "Post office box stores"  For example, The UPS Store,  which in many areas used to be Mail Boxes Plus,, is usually a post box store.. That is they have a bunch of post office boxes they rent out,, Usually a slightly higher price than the genuine PO (mine costs 1.00 a month more than if I rented at the PO.. Many of these act as agent for you and CAN receive UPS, Fed-EX, Airborn (DHL) and the like.  They have your authority to sign for the delivery.  Some can offer refrigerated storage for meds and the like if you ask.

And then, in the winter, once a month, they drop everything in an express mail envelope and 2 or 3 days later I pay a visit to the local post office and ask if my Care Package came in yet.  (It is a small post office, getting so the postmaster heads for the General Delivery rack when I pull in).

John From Detroit said:
Post office will not accept UPS.. There is a relationship between FED-EX and USPS but I do not think they can receive Fed-EX or any of the other delivery services,,,, Only their own stuff.

HOWEVER,, all is not lost.

There are many "Post office box stores"  For example, The UPS Store,  which in many areas used to be Mail Boxes Plus,, is usually a post box store.. That is they have a bunch of post office boxes they rent out,, Usually a slightly higher price than the genuine PO (mine costs 1.00 a month more than if I rented at the PO.. Many of these act as agent for you and CAN receive UPS, Fed-EX, Airborn (DHL) and the like.  They have your authority to sign for the delivery.  Some can offer refrigerated storage for meds and the like if you ask.

And then, in the winter, once a month, they drop everything in an express mail envelope and 2 or 3 days later I pay a visit to the local post office and ask if my Care Package came in yet.  (It is a small post office, getting so the postmaster heads for the General Delivery rack when I pull in).

Thanks John from Detroit!

I use these people in Oregon and have for the past couple years - they are GREAT!!

HERE!

They also now offer a great email plan - they handle my snail mail and send out every Thursday and will hold or make special bulk forwarding when requested  - a simple email to them telling them to hold or forward is all that they need. You send them money for postage and your balance is always on your mail label so you can see when to send them more money for your postage account.

I have packages sent to wherever I am going to be for a while, have yet to have a campground not be willing to receive something for me, I use Amazon a bunch and so far have had no problems.

Example - I was traveling for the past 45 days or so - sent an email to hold my mail and yesterday secured a short term PO Box at my summer job - emailed to have them begin to send my mail again - requested weekly. Will keep that going while here for the summer and then have them hold it again when I depart.

I have never had this mail service receive a package for me, as I don't want to incur the extra postage / shipping.

I have found these people to be very reliable and VERY easy to work with.

Good Luck,

Jim

Wigpro said:
I use these people in Oregon and have for the past couple years - they are GREAT!!

HERE!

They also now offer a great email plan - they handle my snail mail and send out every Thursday and will hold or make special bulk forwarding when requested  - a simple email to them telling them to hold or forward is all that they need. You send them money for postage and your balance is always on your mail label so you can see when to send them more money for your postage account.

I have packages sent to wherever I am going to be for a while, have yet to have a campground not be willing to receive something for me, I use Amazon a bunch and so far have had no problems.

Example - I was traveling for the past 45 days or so - sent an email to hold my mail and yesterday secured a short term PO Box at my summer job - emailed to have them begin to send my mail again - requested weekly. Will keep that going while here for the summer and then have them hold it again when I depart.

I have never had this mail service receive a package for me, as I don't want to incur the extra postage / shipping.

I have found these people to be very reliable and VERY easy to work with.

Good Luck,

Jim

Thanks for the advice Jim!

Christina L.

kennyMiller said:
Hi herekittykitty,

It doesn't matter where your domicile is as you just have your mail forwarded to Pouchly (or change your address with anyone who sends you mail) and they scan it and email it to you. Our bank required a US address for our statements and since we just sold our house, we signed up for the service. I just looked at their website and they do offer package forwarding but I use amazon prime.

I would suggest that keeping your domicile address and general mail address in the same community is wise if some other state decides you have created residency in their tax district. One of the test for domicile is intent to return and showing that your mail goes to your "home address" is one more way of reinforcing that.

That said we do have incidental mail sent directly to us at our snowbird address in the winter but our standard mail goes to our forwarder in SD, including the tax and utility bills for our Phoenix property.

Hello, I was wondering if there was a need for a mail forwarding service amongst the RV community? Like someone that receives your mail and sends it in a box to you when requested?

There certainly is, but there are many commercial services available that do just that!!

My Mail goes to a mail box company in Eastern MI, My "Domicile" is my brother's house in Western, MI and I am for at least the near future parked in Georgia.

MOST cities or any size have a mail box store.. This is a store that offers box rentals and other package/mail serivices, they act as agents for you, signing for signature required mail and packages,  Unlike the post office they can also accept/ship via UPS- FED-EX and other companies.  The one I use is called Postal Depot.

I call them,, Tell them where to deliver my mail, and a few days later I either pick it up at the Post Office or UPS knocks on my door, whichever is less expensive.

We have been full timing for six years, and of those, we have used MyRvMail for four of them to handle this issue.  We have packages shipped directly to the campgrounds we are staying at.  But for a domicile address for tax, business, and vehicle registrations, it is nice to have a physical address that regular mail can come to and have forwarded whenever we want it.  It can come regular mail or overnight if need be.  We can also call and ask what is in our box.  We usually just log in to our account and check our inbox from their website.  They are a division of Passport America.  We enjoy their 50% off camping at over 1900 parks around the country, and also get a break on the mail forwarding as members.  Here's a post from my website that might help: http://yourfulltimervliving.com/rv-mail-forwarding-service-peace-of-mind-while-full-time-rving

Back
Top Bottom