Tijuana / Rosarito dental referrals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herekittykitty

Am having a really difficult time finding dental referrals for Tijuana; all I seem to find are for Los Algodones, but my DH will be in San Diego needing extensive dental work.

If anybody has had ANY experience with a particular dentist in Tijuana, or even as far as Rosarito--or if you know someone you can ask who has--could you post it here? Would be most grateful.

Personally I would travel to Los Aldogones rather than attempt to navigate Tijuana. I have been to both cities and LA has TJ beat by miles and it seems to be much safer.

If you ask in this forum:  http://www.city-data.com/forum/mexico/

you will probably get some recommendations.

My dentist explained to me he makes thousands on repairing botched Mexican dental work. would like to take advantage of the prices, but not sure.

Had forgotten about this thread! As for the "botched" Mexican dental work, I wonder who repairs all the botched US dental work? Like the crappy job our local dentist did on my husband's teeth a few years ago?

Anyway, here's where I finally found our Mexican dentist (Tijuana): http://www.dentaldepartures.com/. They act as intermediaries to help you find the best choice (no, they don't charge anything).

"Our" Mexican dentist is Dr. Dalia Gasparro. Both she and her husband speak English (they actually live across the border in San Diego). My husband got his $10,000 in dental work done for about $2700 (don't remember the precise figure) and is very satisfied with it and with his experience with her.

The only trouble we had was getting the paperwork our dental insurance required, because they wanted it only in a specific format, so even though all the information they wanted was already there, we had to request the dental office to do the insurance dance for us. They sent it without having to be asked a second time, and even though they'd already been paid in full.

Dr. Dalia Dental Care
(619) 980-6626
(664) 682-8234
doctordalia.com
[email protected]

Once we're FT on the road I don't know whether we'll still go to Tijuana for dental work, or to Los Algodones. I guess it depends on where we spend the winter. For anyone else looking for information on going to Mexico for dental work, google Mexican dental tourism.

Retired dentist here. I like that you are trying to search out a quality dentist. I would strongly advise that, no mater where you are, or you go.
The odds of getting good dental care are far greater in the USA. Certainly not guaranteed (I hate to admit), but far, far better odds than south of the border.
Unfortunately, like a lot of other professions, too many dentists have become too comfortable with good pay for shoddy work. There are still gems, but they commonly have to be searched out.

Yes, I have seen abysmally bad dental work from Mexico. More often than not, in fact.
Rich Mexicans come to US border towns to get quality work, but most are smart enough to be very selective.

You should be, too....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom