Charging Question PLEASE HELP! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBlueVan

I'm having a hard time figuring out the charge display on a Schumacher SC-10030A Speed charger I just recently purchased. 

When I turn on the schumacher charger it automatically starts up in tester mode.  When looking at the "battery percentage" digital display it would show that my deep cycle marine battery life is at 95%.  I confirmed this with my volt meter.

My battery is a 12v rated at 23amp/225 min. 

However, when I switch from test mode to charge mode at 2 amps the display battery percentage changes from 95% to 10%. 
I immediately switched to 12amp/30amp mode assuming the 10% would change but it did not.  After 15 minutes passed the 10% had increased in 1% increments till it reached 20% then I switched back to test mode and the "battery charge percentage" still displayed 95% as if nothing changed.  But when I turned off the charger and turned the charger back on the display in test mode had changed from 95% to 100% and the charger's light for "fully charged" never lit up.  I also tested the battery and it was at 12.68 volts.  I again switched from the charger test mode to charge mode using both 2 amp and 12/30amp modes and the display again changed drastically only this time from 100% to 13% instead of 95% to 10%. 

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on with this charger.  Why does it read 95% in test mode and then 10% in charge mode.  It pisses me off the darn thing doesn't read accurately real time percentage changes when charging.  I had to reset the charger to see the 95% change to 100%.  And when in test mode it shows the battery charge percentage at 95% or 100% but in charge mode the percentage changes to what I can't flying figure out.  What the heck is the 10% or 13%?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as my blood pressure shall surely decrease.  j/k

Back
Top Bottom