Indio FMCA 2014 Rally Jan 8-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy,

I stopped by your rig early this morning (Wednesday) buy you folks were not up yet.  Happy hour seems to start a little bit before 4 pm.

JerryF

We had a  hearty group for  Happy HOur tonight.  Group faded away when  temps dropped.  We are off to BINGO tonight and will be in line at 6pm.  Wanting to win "The Big One" to help pay for coaches we saw today for sale!

Parade tomorrow so Happy Hour  will be adjusted accordingly.

Dang, is the Bingo payout going to be that big ? We'll be there. Save us seats !

Sadly no one in our group won squat at Bingo tonight.  We did have a few laughs.  The WINNING  pots were between  $250 TO $500 FOR THE  BLACK OUT.  Not exactly enough for a new coach but it woulda been nice. We are still glad we were able to spend time with great friends!  And many got new  daubers!

Did Mac the Fire Guy's Escaping Your RV in an Emergency this morning. I was one of the lucky (?) ones who got to escape. It's kind of scary dropping blind to the ground. Anyone want to practice in Quartzsite? Also went to the FMCA Benefits seminar ... lots more than I thought ! Wandered the vendors and motorhome displays. Busy day, bought nothing. Did win a package of Minute Rice. Great parade at 4 pm. Don't you all wish you were here ?

All had fun with the Dog Patch Parade.

Attachments

• Catalina and Indio 008.JPG
    Catalina and Indio 008.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 35
  • Catalina and Indio 010.JPG
    Catalina and Indio 010.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Catalina and Indio 012.JPG
    Catalina and Indio 012.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Catalina and Indio 013.JPG
    Catalina and Indio 013.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Catalina and Indio 017.JPG
    Catalina and Indio 017.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Catalina and Indio 018.JPG
    Catalina and Indio 018.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 35
GREAT entertainment last night with New Odyssey. Songs we knew. I even saw several Forumites dancing ... not all of them with their spouses :)

I had no idea who New Odyssey were  :-[ so I googled them and watched some YouTube video, or as much as I could stand.

Did they play numerous instruments during the performance?

Tom said:
I had no idea who New Odyssey were  :-[ so I googled them and watched some YouTube video, or as much as I could stand.Did they play numerous instruments during the performance?
Yep, they played all 30 instruments during the performance. They even  played each others instruments!  The music was  my era and I knew words to most songs.  The Beatles were  a special  selection of interest to me.  The  coat  drums was entertaining.  I danced my heart out at last song  despite my hubby being in the back row with another woman!  I bought the  5 CD's and DVD combination offer.  What a wonderful evening of entertainment , and so age appropriate for FMCA gathering!

I'm in awe when someone can switch between multiple instruments like that. Reminds me of a Dolly Parton concert we attended; That lady played and switched between a number of instruments.

Tom,

I used to love watching Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters. Barbara played four instruments and Louise played eight. Irlene only played one.

Thanks Jim. Didn't realize the Mandrell Sisters played several instruments.

The final day of the Western Area FMCA rally was  blessed with beautiful weather and a flurry of last minute spending.  Our  group of RVFormites did their part to  help the economy.  Purchases were wide spread and  varied.  I  now have an egg boiler suitable for  the microwave, I have additional microfiber cloths for cleaning everything!  Useful here in the desert!

I know of  Silverleaf  purchases, Direct TV dish( including installation) ,  Sealand Technology gauges,generator oil changes,  new refrigerator latches, custom sandals, lip color, silicone measuring cups, new gloves and " almost" motorhome purchases. More I'm sure  but the  "judges" have determined that The  Big Larry  was the winner of dollar amount in purchases!  I'll let him tell his news!

We are off to final entertainment tonight and it should be another blast!  I'll be in the  back row so I can dance with my husband tonight.

Did they play numerous instruments during the performance?

Tom, they had one ten-minute segment in which they played all 30 instruments.  And as Betty said, they were "helping" each other play their instruments such as one person strumming the strings on the round part of a guitar and the other fingering the strings on the neck.  (Sorry I don't know the proper words to describe it but hope it gets the point across.)  They were quite amazing.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom