rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Multiple visits on a B2 visa  (Read 1629 times)


  • ---
  • Posts: 144
Multiple visits on a B2 visa
« on: January 05, 2014, 08:26:40 AM »
Hi everyone, I know this has been asked before but I wondered if anyone had any up to date feedback on it?

We would like to travel round in an RV for 6 months on our B2 visa (from the UK), leave for 6 months, then come back again for another 6 months and so on.  we would have the financial means to support ourselves when we are in the UK and have proof (for what it is worth) we would not be planning on moving to the US permanently by way of rental property in the UK (where we get our income from) and still owning our own house here.  However not sure that is helpful or not!

Has anyone done this recently?  we would not extend our stay on any visit and always leave just before the 6 months is up.

Also, if we wanted to tack on 10 days in Mexico on the end, does that count as part of the 6 months, or is it extra?  We wouldn't be coming back into the US again but flying back to the UK from Mexico.

Many thanks.


  • Administrator
  • ---
  • *
  • Posts: 46571
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Multiple visits on a B2 visa
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 08:34:42 AM »
The B2 stamped in your passport (before you leave home) is good for multiple entry over 10 years, and should say so as part of the stamped visa. Read the latest at the U.S. Customs & Border patrol web site.

This is not to be confused with the I-94 form (historically paper) completed on the plane, stamped by a Border Patrol officer on arrival at a U.S. airport, and stapled in your passport. The I-94 states the maximum length of stay (at the discretion of the BP officer, but normally for no longer than 6 months on a single visit), and used to be retrieved from your passport by the airline check-in clerk when you fly home. Unlike the UK, you don't go through "Passport Control" (or Border Patrol) when you leave the U.S. See electronic I-94 below:

Edit: New Electronic I-94 Process
A new electronic I-94 process at air and sea ports of entry was fully implemented by May 25, 2013. Under the new CBP process, a CBP officer will provide each admitted nonimmigrant traveler with an admission stamp on their passport. CBP will no longer issue a paper Form I-94 upon entry to the U.S., with some exceptions. Learn more on the CBP website.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:08:35 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.