Welcome to the Polar Vortex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
Woke up this morning to -24 with -52 windchill.
What the hell is a polar vortex? That's just techno- babble.
The equivalent "Minnasowtan" is.... "Ya know.. A guy cudda lost his eyelashes bein outside lass nite"

Full timing in Missouri we woke up this morning to -9 outside and 67 in the motorhome. Everything is fine and we will start to thaw out in about four days.... I grabbed my coffee and went to the barn to build a fire for our four legged friends....

Bob,I have to ask, what in the world are you doing in MN. You have a MH, get south.

Ha!
I'm still working and getting the details worked out to go remote from the MH for about a month.
Planning on leaving the frozen tundra in 87,840 minutes.... Not that anybody is counting.  ;D

Bob I traded one frozen tundra for another, Minnesota to Colorado just not quit as frozen as you. Just -5 deg. Cathy

This will be my last winter in Missouri with the cold and white stuff. Nov-Mar in Albany GA. Working seasonal job at the http://mostateparks.com/park/onondaga-cave-state-park

My nieces were complaining this morning too,  -17 in one place and -31 in the other, my daughter was reletively balmy at 20. It was 59 at 10:00 this morning in Yuma. I think they may all have set aside a dozen eggs for the next time they see me in person.

Ken

mnmnutswer said:
This will be my last winter in Missouri with the cold and white stuff. Nov-Mar in Albany GA. Working seasonal job at the http://mostateparks.com/park/onondaga-cave-state-park

Looks like a nice place Terry.
What will you be working there? The guided tours look very interesting.

From the deep dark depths of the frozen arctic waste comes the mournful cry of the kiki bird KIKIKIKEERIPES IT'S COLD. We were visiting friends in the southern interior of BC on the weekend. Let the dog out for her morning business and went back to my breakfast. 20 minutes later the deposit was frozen solid, could have used it for a fence post.

00111100 10101  101111 00000  sORrY mY oNEs aN zzzzzzEr0000s aR3 FrreZZZIn TOgTHeeeR.

lol... I have to admit, I did the old "glass of hot water thrown in the air" trick last night. Watched it vaporize in mid air.
You're never too old to have a little fun in the frozen tundra. Especially when it's too cold to skate or XC ski.. ;D

Len, your binary is indeed frozen.
I think you are telling me something about #173 and #224..
Are those the room numbers of the party??  ;)

It's almost over.  22?F here in sunny Spring Branch this morning but going to be up to 70? by Friday.  This was supposed to be the last night of below freezing temps.

BinaryBob, I give the cave tours as well as work outside helping the crew's keep the camp grounds looking good, also did couple of days as camp host. When I started there I told them to work me where ever they need me. They do look for camp hosts for the whole season.... If interested call them and talk with Mari or Teri. Could be there from early March to Nov... Very nice place and right on the river....

21 degrees in SW Louisiana this morning and 26 tomorrow.  By the weekend 70 degrees. :)

Back
Top Bottom