Roof Top Heat Pump Condensation Drainage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yoda2405

Do any of you with the newer coaches without basement air/heat know if the condensation when the roof top heat pumps are running is suppose to be collected and run down the drain lines as the system does when in AC mode? When we last ran the AC's, the drain at the rear of the coach worked normally, now when we run the heat pump we get significant run off from the roof and nothing from the drain lines. I can't remember if that was the way it was last winter or if I might have a stopped up drain line. Just not sure how it is suppose to work.
Thanks for your feedback,

David

yoda2405 said:
Do any of you with the newer coaches without basement air/heat know if the condensation when the roof top heat pumps are running is suppose to be collected and run down the drain lines as the system does when in AC mode? When we last ran the AC's, the drain at the rear of the coach worked normally, now when we run the heat pump we get significant run off from the roof and nothing from the drain lines. I can't remember if that was the way it was last winter or if I might have a stopped up drain line. Just not sure how it is suppose to work.
Thanks for your feedback,

David

Out the drains on a/c, but off the roof when using heat pumps. So looks ok.  (At least per my experience and the Winnebago manual)

Thanks, I couldn't remember if it did this last winter. Wish they had made the collection system to work on both heat pump and AC, as I am getting a lot of runoff this colder winter than in the past. Sunny Southeast Texas is kinda cold this winter so far...
Maybe this will be the end of it this week.

Safe Travels,

David

Back
Top Bottom