EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Slow loading pages  (Read 7368 times)

1adam-12

• ---
Re: Slow loading pages
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 12:22:39 AM »
OK... wave cable came today... replaced the wireless router... same problem.... replaced both the wireless router AND the modem/// whaalaa... works perfect... the tech left scratching his head... has NO explanation at all why it workd like it did...

all i know is that it worked.... I am surfing the rvforum with lightning speed.... gonna be on here a lot to get my rving experience started off right...

thanks again for the help and suggestion.. looking forward to gaining a lot of needed knowledge..

Having the exterior buffed and waxed tomorrow (weather permitting) ,,, i will post pictures of her when she is presentable...

Dave

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 08:33:46 AM »
Glad you got it resolved Dave, and that you're now able to enjoy the same forum experience as the rest of us.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »
Glad you got it resolved Dave, and that you're now able to enjoy the same forum experience as the rest of us.

Well, most of the rest of us.  It still happens here.  I have done all the troubleshooting I am capable of.  I believe it to be in my router, but for the life of me I can't figure out why.  It's only the two websites (that we've found so far) that this happens on.  I may get another router sometime, but in the meantime, it's not that big a deal.  Just annoying.

Glad you got yours fixed Dave.  Since the router is mine (not the ISP's), I'm responsible for it.
Ed.....KF5INW
2011 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
2010 Forest River Wildcat 28RKBS
"I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!"

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2014, 09:04:22 AM »
Ed, are you able to bypass the router, or possibly borrow hardware from a friend/neighbor?

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »
I can't bypass it, other than by using my iPhone as my hotspot, which works fine.  I may have an old router hanging around here somewhere.  I'll have to take a look.  If it does prove to be the router, that would be too bad.  It is a great router, and has never given me any trouble (other than an occasional reboot needed).  But as technology advances, so must we all.
Ed.....KF5INW
2011 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2014, 09:47:59 AM »
Ed, can't you connect your computer directly to the modem via Ethernet or is your computer WiFi only?
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »
Perhaps "router" is being confused with "modem" in this discussion?  You can bypass the router, but not the cable modem. Switching to the iPhone changes not only the router, but the modem (cellular instead of cable or satellite) and the ISP. And changing the ISP pretty much guarantees a different path to and through the internet to retrieve web pages. It does however, isolate the site performance from that of the intervening internet path.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 10:06:39 AM »
Gary, good point.  Many cable and DSL modems include the router function and even a WiFi access point.
2007 GMC Canyon

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »
Yep...I understand all the iPhone and bypassing.  All I have past the router is a very small "junction" box (for lack of a better term).  The system I have with this ISP is a "hi-performance wireless-Internet radio".  My cable goes from the router to this little box, then to an antenna on my roof, which beams the signal to a tower.  So there is no modem, per se.  Anyway, I did find an old Linksys Wireless G router.  I'll hook that up later and see what happens.

This is what I have:

http://www.iguananet.com/

Ed.....KF5INW
2011 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »
Since you're using a stand alone router, you could connect the computer directly to the Ethernet jack in the "junction box", if your computer has an Ethernet connection.
2007 GMC Canyon

1adam-12

• ---
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 10:45:19 AM »
Mine was ultimately a router and modem combination... The site did not work when I went from the modem thru the router and to the computer... It worked perfect when I went directly to the computer from the modem bypassing the router... When the tack replaced only the router, it still was slow going thru the
E router.... He changed out both the modem and the router and all was good... Again he was scratching his head trying to figure out why it was just the rvforum site that was slow.... He was stumped and had no answer or reason he could think of.... Who knows... Maybe I had a ghost that had a bad experience with a motor home and wanted me to not surf the rvforum... Either that or shit just happens... Dave

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
Iguananet seems to be a cellular radio service, or at least some sort of radio. The "router" must have the wireless service modem in it. Bypassing ti eliminates the radio part, so no-go.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:25 AM »
Iguananet seems to be a cellular radio service, or at least some sort of radio. The "router" must have the wireless service modem in it. Bypassing ti eliminates the radio part, so no-go.

That is correct Gary, or at least as much as my understanding of it.  Below is what my router connect to.  From that little box (it's about the size of any eyeglass case), it goes up to the antenna on my roof, which points to the big tower in our neighborhood.  From the big tower, it is beamed back to wherever the main ops are located.  It really works well, and other than these two websites, I have had no issues with it.  It streams NetFlix and Hulu just fine, and the only problem we ever had was a power outage where the main ops are.

Anyway, I'll get that older router connected a bit later today and see what happens.

Ed.....KF5INW
2011 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »
That box is a Power over Ethernet injector.  You can connect your computer directly to it to eliminate the router.  The modem is actually part of the antenna assembly on the roof.  Plug the cable that normally goes to the router into the computer Ethernet jack and test.
2007 GMC Canyon

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2014, 01:29:21 AM »
Just curious about the result of either bypassing the router (per Ned's suggestion) &/or trying the 'older' router  ???

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »
Huh...I thought I replied to this with my results, but I must not have hit the "Post" afterwards.  Oh well.  So, I could not get my older router to recognize anything.  It may be toast (which is why it would be in my closet).  I haven't tried going directly to the "injector".  My computer is kinda hard to move to try and plug the cable directly in to it.  I may get the gumption one day.  For now, it's not that big a deal.  Maybe if my wife nags me more about her site, I'll breakdown and try again.  Or, now that I am working again (well, starting on Monday...I got laid off after eight loyal years at my job, one week before Christmas!), I can actually afford to buy a new router to play with.  We'll see.  I am still curious, just not curious enough to put much energy into it.
Ed.....KF5INW
2011 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2014, 10:02:34 AM »
I'll consider this subject closed. The fact that the small (1Kb) image download took a long time pretty much confirmed that the problem was somewhere in the network.

Hosted by Over The Network