Nexus RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oscar Mike

Does anyone have firsthand experience with Nexus RV. I am looking hard at the Nexus Ghost 34G, and I am curious about their customer service, and after the sale experiences. I know that they have only been in business for a few years. They seem to put together a nice package.

Due diligence! I looked for used values.... none found. How many units have they produced?

Dan

dan2 said:
Due diligence! I looked for used values.... none found. How many units have they produced?
Dan

I am doing that research right now. I don't find much about them anywhere, and like you I couldn't find many used units on the interweb. I have seen their units at the Pomona RV Show last October, and I was impressed.

I live close to them and have toured their factory. Quality was good and can custom build to your desire. I have not driven a Ghost, but really like the model and would give it strong consideration if it was in my price range.
Good luck.

lil tippy said:
I live close to them and have toured their factory. Quality was good and can custom build to your desire. I have not driven a Ghost, but really like the model and would give it strong consideration if it was in my price range.
Good luck.

The one thing that is good about dealing with NeXus, via long distance is that there are no strong-arm tactics during the sales phase... :)

After a lot of searching, and a lot of questions back and forth, we've changed gears once again, and are looking at the Nexus Viper 29V and the Winnebago Aspect 30J. Nexus puts the 29V in the B+ Class (http://www.nexusrv.com/viper29v_photogallery.php). The Winnebago Aspect is a Class C (http://www.findlayrv.com/new/Winnebago/2014-Winnebago-Aspect-las-vegas-nv-729c17570a0a00491003b61c5a5a8d9a.htm).

The Winnebago is currently available at our local Winnebago Dealer, the Viper must be ordered and is 8-10 weeks out.
The Viper can be modified in manufacturing to our specific needs and desires. We can eliminate the dinette and have two Lambright Recliners installed ($2,500.00) (http://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/catalog/lazyrelaxred_2275_large.jpg)
The floor plans are very similar. (http://www.nexusrv.com/viper29v_floorplan.php and http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2014/aspect/floorplans/)
The Viper does NOT have night stands next to the bed, the Aspect does.
The Aspect has a "Sleep Number" style bed, the Viper we can upgrade to the Sleep Number mattress ($1,400.00)
The Viper does not have the aluminum cover over the awning, the Aspect does.
Both are LED throughout
The Televisions and mounting in the Viper are better.

Winnebago has decades producing motor homes and has an extensive dealership network. Nexus has been in business since 2010 and relies on independent service shops for warranty work.

It's decision time in order to do some traveling this summer...I sure wish I had an accurate crystal ball... :-\

Oscar Mike said:
The Winnebago is currently available at our local Winnebago Dealer, the Viper must be ordered and is 8-10 weeks out.
The Viper can be modified in manufacturing to our specific needs and desires. We can eliminate the dinette and have two Lambright Recliners installed ($2,500.00)
John - Just about every RV manufacturer in existence will custom make an RV for you. I toured the Winnebago factory in Forest City Iowa and they said on the tour that something like 95% of the RVs they make are customs. That is the one huge advantage to buying new.

I asked our local Winnebago dealer and I can only get the modifications done, i.e., replacing the dinette with Lambright Recliners, in the aftermarket market. I tried to order one custom and was told they don't do custom modifications on the production line at Winnebago. It might be that the Aspect Class Motor Home is a tight margin product and any production line modifications would tie up the assembly line...

Mike,

Several years ago a large Winny dealer, LaMesa, told me that they wouldn't do modifications, but that they would do deletes - ie ship with no dinette. This is from a salesman and he didn't every say how much credit $$ would be given. Since I didn't order the coach I have no way of knowing if what the salesman said is actually true.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Mike,
Several years ago a large Winny dealer, LaMesa, told me that they wouldn't do modifications, but that they would do deletes - ie ship with no dinette. This is from a salesman and he didn't every say how much credit $$ would be given. Since I didn't order the coach I have no way of knowing if what the salesman said is actually true.
ken

Sounds like a good question to ask, and one I hadn't thought of before, thank you.

I tossed out some bait and made an offer on the Nexus Viper 29V...I offered 10% under asking price which equates to about 22% under MSRP. Now I wait and see if they take the offer, I'm thinking they'll comeback with 5% under asking...plus taxes and fees of course.

John,

For a small manufacturer I was impressed with our tour of the plant. They were very open and honest with answers to questions.

I was able to watch several workers for a while and the seem to be careful in their work. Like all RVs they are built to a price point, but at least the execution of the work looked very good. At their price level I haven't seen any rigs that are better.  It would be great to be there while yours is built, if not possible I would see if he could take pictures during construction - particularly of the plumbing and wiring before it is all covered and concealed.

We toured the plant because the Viper 27V has a floor plan we really like. We probably won't buy new, but I wanted to see the construction if we do decide to buy a used one in a few years.

ken

It appears that Nexus makes a great product with good pricing.  I am disappointed that I was not able to get close on a deal due to trade-in value.  They deal wholesale for wholesale and that just won't work for me.  Might take a shot a selling my rig outright.

It appears that NeXus is going to accept my offer. I received a positive response, and I am now waiting for a Purchase Agreement to seal the deal...more waiting.

Oscar Mike and all,

Thanks for pointing these out.  Like lil tippy, we live pretty close to the manufacture. There are several RV Shows in the area over the next few weeks and I am hoping they will be present at one.

I checked out the "C's" and found the holding tanks for black and grey were small 20 gallons. Not a problem if your hooked up but would be one if your boondocking.

camperAL said:
Oscar Mike and all,
I checked out the "C's" and found the holding tanks for black and grey were small 20 gallons. Not a problem if your hooked up but would be one if your boondocking.

You make a good point. We really do not boondock very often, but we do dry camp fairly frequently. As I've done my check list for the motor home, the holding tanks were overlooked. The holding tank size is not listed on their web page, so I've sent an email asking. I do know that the holding tank bays are heated...While not a deal breaker it is important information...thanks for pointing it out.

Too new of a company for my blood.... They have a nice product: my issue would be cash flow, something I know you know alot
about. How small is their fine print? My crystal ball says the Winne is a better overall bet.

Good luck

Dan

dan2 said:
Too new of a company for my blood.... They have a nice product: my issue would be cash flow, something I know you know alot
about. How small is their fine print? My crystal ball says the Winne is a better overall bet. Good luck Dan

You make a good point, and not one that we have not thought about. Funny thing is, I have not found any small print...the one thing that they are good at along with most sales people, is that they don't volunteer information. If you ask they answer in a straight forward manner. They have a "if they don't ask, don't tell policy"... ;)

My wife and I discussed the possibility of their longevity yesterday evening, and we don't have any clear cut answers. I look at this way, there was a time that we were only in business for a few years and were having to explain our liquidity to our clients. We now are celebrating our 20th year in business this year. It is a risk though, no doubt about it.

I would like to have your crystal ball...

Back
Top Bottom