Nexus RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ken & Sheila said:
John, Congratulations!
I'm sure that you and Susan will be happy with the new Nexus. Keep us posted.

ken

I was not surprised as they are eager to move their coaches.  I really like their Super C Ghost, just wish they were more flexible on the price.  Good luck with your purchase.  I don't think you will find Nexus has any more problems then other RV manufacturers.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

After flip flopping endlessly between the 2014 Nexus Viper 29V and 2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J my wife talked me into taking a trip to the Winnebago dealer to see if they could come close to the number we have been discussing with NeXus. Winnebago matched the number after about 30 minutes of haggling. They offered 22% off the MSRP of $126,552.00.

I feel a little bad that I have to tell NeXus that I bought the Winnebago, but business is business.  I plopped a deposit down on the Winnebago and I pick it up on Friday.

With all things being equal we (my wife and I) decided to go with the known brand with a reputable dealer that I have over 30 years experience with.

This is my new RV...http://pictures.dealer.com/f/findlayrv/0706/28f7510d73111ee8cfc0de79e3799dc0x.jpg

Hi John,
Congratulations on purchase of your beautiful new Winnebago.  You happen to live where there is a great local chapter of WIT, the Vegas Rollers, check them out at  www.vegasrollersrv.com .  I?m sure they would like to invite you & Susan to a future outing so you can check them out. 
I have added La-Z-Boy recliners to two of our Winnebago Class Cs by  removing either a couch or dinette, let me know if you would like more info when you get to that point.
Dick nvrver

Congrats on the new RV! We looked at the Winnebago Views but found the cargo carrying capacities were way too low for us. In some cases less than 1000lbs. After we added our weights and factored in some of the other weights, there was very little extra we could take along. Other than that we really liked the Winnerbago models. Post some pics of the interior if you would be so kind.

camperAL said:
Congrats on the new RV! We looked at the Winnebago Views but found the cargo carrying capacities were way too low for us. In some cases less than 1000lbs. After we added our weights and factored in some of the other weights, there was very little extra we could take along. Other than that we really liked the Winnerbago models. Post some pics of the interior if you would be so kind.

Our Cargo Carrying Capacity (CCC) is around 1,900# in the Winnebago Aspect 30J. That is not a lot, but it is sufficient for us if we pack wisely and efficiently.

Ken & Sheila said:
Mike,

Several years ago a large Winny dealer, LaMesa, told me that they wouldn't do modifications, but that they would do deletes - ie ship with no dinette. This is from a salesman and he didn't every say how much credit $$ would be given. Since I didn't order the coach I have no way of knowing if what the salesman said is actually true.

ken

If a LaMesa salesman said it, it was most likely not true.  I'm embarrassed to admit how much they misled us when we bought from them. 

John,

Congratulations on the new RV.  I too bought my RV at Findlay.  The sales guys were great, however, the service department has been terrible.  Their ability to follow through with timely service is the absolute worst I have ever seen.  If you have your new rig serviced at Findlay, be sure to stay on top of them as to ensure yours does not spend a month in the shop (which is where mine has been for the last month still waiting for repairs to be performed).

troyi said:
John,

Congratulations on the new RV.  I too bought my RV at Findlay.  The sales guys were great, however, the service department has been terrible.  Their ability to follow through with timely service is the absolute worst I have ever seen.  If you have your new rig serviced at Findlay, be sure to stay on top of them as to ensure yours does not spend a month in the shop (which is where mine has been for the last month still waiting for repairs to be performed).

Have you spoken to Rueban, the General Manager. I have had to have a couple of conversations and I have had to write a couple of emails for that exact reason. You certainly do have to stay on top of the service guys at Findlay.

Have not spoken with Rueben, but have dealt extensively with Kirk, the service manager and Brandy who is our service advisor.  They are very pleasant and always say the right things, but the follow through is non-existent.  Dropped our coach off this morning for further warranty repairs.  We will see how things go . . .

troyi said:
Have not spoken with Rueben, but have dealt extensively with Kirk, the service manager and Brandy who is our service advisor.  They are very pleasant and always say the right things, but the follow through is non-existent.  Dropped our coach off this morning for further warranty repairs.  We will see how things go . . .

When I take my coach in for service at Findlay, I have learned a couple of things, first of all be as specific and as detailed as possible with any needed work. Secondly, ask specifically when the coach will be taken into a bay; I always specifically ask if my motor home will be sitting for a day or two, or will I be seen on my appointment day. And go talk to Reuben, send him an email, or better yet a hand written letter (registered gets their attention real quick) and voice your specific needs to him. I know for a fact that Reuben does not like to get letters about the service department. As a last resort, write Cliff Findlay at the corporate office...you will get results.

As a result of me being very proactive (PIA) when I take my coach in, I am getting pretty good results.

Reuben Figueroa , General Manager
[email protected]
(877) 730-0751

Cliff Findlay
Findlay Automotive Group
310 North Gibson Road
Henderson, NV 89014

It is a real shame that folks would have to take such actions in order to get good customer service.  I am quickly learning this is a real problem among RV dealerships and service providers.

My folks just attempted to purchase a new Winnebago from McMahon's in Palm Desert.  They made certain the dealer knew all of the problems I had with Findlay (which have been extensive), and were assured they would not have similar issues as McMahon's would go through the coach and correct any problems before they were even told to come pick it up.  After being assured the coach they specially ordered had arrived and was ready, they traveled two hours to pick it up only to find it was not even their coach.  The one they were showed was missing several options.  Yet, the salesman tried to tell them they did not order those items until my folks produced a copy of the spec sheet showing the options they ordered (such as an oven that was missing).

My experience along with stories like this leads me to several general questions.  Why do RV'ers tolerate such poor customer service?  What rights to customers have against dealers and servicers when issues like these arise? This forum should have a section specifically for folks to comment on the good and bad they have experienced at dealers and service shops.

Bringing this thread to a current status and bringing it back to Topic .. Nexus ..

I am looking at the Nexus Ghost and their Bentley Diesel pusher for fulltime use. Does anyone have any experience with one of these Nexus products?

I have a Ghost 34DS and like it.  I had a few minor warranty items and they were taken care of.  The unit is solidly built and a lot of torque. 

Oscar Mike said:
After a lot of searching, and a lot of questions back and forth, we've changed gears once again, and are looking at the Nexus Viper 29V and the Winnebago Aspect 30J. Nexus puts the 29V in the B+ Class (http://www.nexusrv.com/viper29v_photogallery.php). The Winnebago Aspect is a Class C (http://www.findlayrv.com/new/Winnebago/2014-Winnebago-Aspect-las-vegas-nv-729c17570a0a00491003b61c5a5a8d9a.htm).

The Winnebago is currently available at our local Winnebago Dealer, the Viper must be ordered and is 8-10 weeks out.
The Viper can be modified in manufacturing to our specific needs and desires. We can eliminate the dinette and have two Lambright Recliners installed ($2,500.00) (http://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/catalog/lazyrelaxred_2275_large.jpg)
The floor plans are very similar. (http://www.nexusrv.com/viper29v_floorplan.php and http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2014/aspect/floorplans/)
The Viper does NOT have night stands next to the bed, the Aspect does.
The Aspect has a "Sleep Number" style bed, the Viper we can upgrade to the Sleep Number mattress ($1,400.00)
The Viper does not have the aluminum cover over the awning, the Aspect does.
Both are LED throughout
The Televisions and mounting in the Viper are better.

Winnebago has decades producing motor homes and has an extensive dealership network. Nexus has been in business since 2010 and relies on independent service shops for warranty work.

It's decision time in order to do some traveling this summer...I sure wish I had an accurate crystal ball... :-\

where are you in the northwest? i'm off w.ann road...

bump...also interested in the bently dp

I don't have my Nexus Ghost 36DS yet as they have not finished it yet. Should be finished by July 20/21. It just got back from the paint shop and is waiting a few more parts to come in.

Went to the factory and looked at the assembly then we ordered it back on 5/3/16. We had the Hide A Bed taken out and had them install theater seating in place of it. We didn't need the additional sleeping area. We also had them take the bunk beds out and had closets in there place. We have a huge wardrobe area now. The bunk beds were around 6' so we added that much wardrobe space plus drawers under the wardrobe. They beefed up the bottom on the wardrobe so we could carry my wife's embroidery machine. We bought her a new smaller one for travel as her main one was just to big to lug around all the time. This wardrobe is in addition to the ones that were already in the bedroom. There is no way we well ever fill them up but it well be nice to have it. We had them omit the decals on the exterior of the unit as they just fade and crack with time. We had some other things done to it. That is a lot of the reason we went with Nexus as they well let you change things. I was originally going to have them install a Nova Kool 12VDC Danfoss compressor fridge in it but after checking they could not install it as it was not RVIA. It is made in Canada and is CSA approved. I really wanted to go to that so I didn't have to mess with the absorption fridge. The Nova Kool would also eliminate the need to have holes for the vents on the outside of the coach. But we ending up going with the stock fridge which in the Ghost is a Norcold 12 cu ft with an ice make and water in the door.

MYRV2, If I remember reading your posts before you are somewhat limited to  a 34' unit. The Bentley is over that. It is a little over 35' and it is also running the 6.7 Cummins and 360 HP.

butch50 said:
I don't have my Nexus Ghost 36DS yet as they have not finished it yet. Should be finished by July 20/21. It just got back from the paint shop and is waiting a few more parts to come in.

Went to the factory and looked at the assembly then we ordered it back on 5/3/16. We had the Hide A Bed taken out and had them install theater seating in place of it. We didn't need the additional sleeping area. We also had them take the bunk beds out and had closets in there place. We have a huge wardrobe area now. The bunk beds were around 6' so we added that much wardrobe space plus drawers under the wardrobe. They beefed up the bottom on the wardrobe so we could carry my wife's embroidery machine. We bought her a new smaller one for travel as her main one was just to big to lug around all the time. This wardrobe is in addition to the ones that were already in the bedroom. There is no way we well ever fill them up but it well be nice to have it. We had them omit the decals on the exterior of the unit as they just fade and crack with time. We had some other things done to it. That is a lot of the reason we went with Nexus as they well let you change things. I was originally going to have them install a Nova Kool 12VDC Danfoss compressor fridge in it but after checking they could not install it as it was not RVIA. It is made in Canada and is CSA approved. I really wanted to go to that so I didn't have to mess with the absorption fridge. The Nova Kool would also eliminate the need to have holes for the vents on the outside of the coach. But we ending up going with the stock fridge which in the Ghost is a Norcold 12 cu ft with an ice make and water in the door.

MYRV2, If I remember reading your posts before you are somewhat limited to  a 34' unit. The Bentley is over that. It is a little over 35' and it is also running the 6.7 Cummins and 360 HP.
i'm over 35' right now . with the mirrors sticking out the front
Iwas gonna call and see what abigger motor would cost...it already has the 3000 trans...but I think they are already over priced...if you buy a 225k plazzo.. you can get one in the 150k range...they want 190k plus everything is an add on....

I just got back to the thread and thought I would respond.

The Plazzo also only has a 5000# towing package compared to the Bentley 10,000#. The biggest Plazzo has a 340 HP and 700 lb ft  torque Cummins and the Bentley is 360 with 800. I know the Bentley has the 3000 Allison nd the Plazzo has a MH2500. The Plazzo has a Freightliner XC-S chassis where the Bentley has the Freightliner XCR Raised Rail chassis which gives it bigger storage compartments and it is a more expensive chassis. Quite a few differences between them. Plazzo has a TPO roof the Bentley has a fiberglass. The Bentley has front air disc brakes and the Plazzo has air drum brakes.

In order to compare you have to move up to the Thor Tuscany. This one uses the same chassis and the same engine and is rated for 10,000 towing capacity like the Bentley. These have a MSRP of about $290,000. 2016 models on sale for $180,000. prices.

Not trying to argue but like to keep things on an even playing field. Comparing apples to apples.

butch50 said:
I just got back to the thread and thought I would respond.

The Plazzo also only has a 5000# towing package compared to the Bentley 10,000#. The biggest Plazzo has a 340 HP and 700 lb ft  torque Cummins and the Bentley is 360 with 800. I know the Bentley has the 3000 Allison nd the Plazzo has a MH2500. The Plazzo has a Freightliner XC-S chassis where the Bentley has the Freightliner XCR Raised Rail chassis which gives it bigger storage compartments and it is a more expensive chassis. Quite a few differences between them. Plazzo has a TPO roof the Bentley has a fiberglass. The Bentley has front air disc brakes and the Plazzo has air drum brakes.

In order to compare you have to move up to the Thor Tuscany. This one uses the same chassis and the same engine and is rated for 10,000 towing capacity like the Bentley. These have a MSRP of about $290,000. 2016 models on sale for $180,000. prices.

Not trying to argue but like to keep things on an even playing field. Comparing apples to apples.

palozzo has a 10k hitch...the comparison was not to the plazzo... a refferance to the 35% off list

bently says they cut out the middle man... but don't discount 35% off their price, and at 190k everything is an added up on top of that

what I was wondering was what about of discount they offfer, but it looks like none

The Plazzo may have a 10K hitch but look at their specs page and it shows a GVWR and the GCWR of only 5k difference. Also hearing other people talk, they do offer some dealing room. You have to talk to them you can't just believe that they won't. Like the original poster said he made them an offer of 10% less than they have listed and they ended up accepting it but in the mean time the OP decided to go with a Winnebago instead so he wouldn't have to wait for it to be built.

So if you look at the Tuscany that is on the same comparable chassis as the Bentley and the same trans and engine and air disc brakes on the front then you well see that they are offering it for a discount. The Tuscany is showing a list of $280,000, so the $190,000 is quite a difference in price to begin with. I think you have to stop comparing it to the Plazzo as they are not the same size units to get to the end price after discount. Take a look at both specs like I did and then you can see what coaches to compare to the Bentley. If you want to compare where the price ends up after the discount then start with the same class of rig, please. Again compare apples and apples.

Sure I can compare other rigs that don't have the same specs and come up with the same comparison as you did. You need to find one on the same chassis, same engine, same trans to compare.

If you take the Thor Tuscany which is a favorable comparison and take 30% off their MSRP is $84,000. So you end up with a price of around $200,000. Looks like that is pretty much the same price as the Bentley. Please look at the Thor site and do some comparison between the proper rigs.

Really all of this is just a moot discussion with you as you are already trying to buy your Winnebago back so why do you care anyway you are not buying either the Plazzo or Bentley.

Back
Top Bottom