Nexus RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
butch50 said:
The Plazzo may have a 10K hitch but look at their specs page and it shows a GVWR and the GCWR of only 5k difference. Also hearing other people talk, they do offer some dealing room. You have to talk to them you can't just believe that they won't. Like the original poster said he made them an offer of 10% less than they have listed and they ended up accepting it but in the mean time the OP decided to go with a Winnebago instead so he wouldn't have to wait for it to be built.

So if you look at the Tuscany that is on the same comparable chassis as the Bentley and the same trans and engine and air disc brakes on the front then you well see that they are offering it for a discount. The Tuscany is showing a list of $280,000, so the $190,000 is quite a difference in price to begin with. I think you have to stop comparing it to the Plazzo as they are not the same size units to get to the end price after discount. Take a look at both specs like I did and then you can see what coaches to compare to the Bentley. If you want to compare where the price ends up after the discount then start with the same class of rig, please. Again compare apples and apples.

Sure I can compare other rigs that don't have the same specs and come up with the same comparison as you did. You need to find one on the same chassis, same engine, same trans to compare.

If you take the Thor Tuscany which is a favorable comparison and take 30% off their MSRP is $84,000. So you end up with a price of around $200,000. Looks like that is pretty much the same price as the Bentley. Please look at the Thor site and do some comparison between the proper rigs.

Really all of this is just a moot discussion with you as you are already trying to buy your Winnebago back so why do you care anyway you are not buying either the Plazzo or Bentley.
which one are you buying..
which one are you buyingpalozzo has a 10k hitch...the comparison was not to the plazzo... a refferance to the 35% off list

bently says they cut out the middle man... but don't discount 35% off their price, and at 190k everything is an added up on top of that

what I was wondering was what amount  of discount they offfer, but it looks like none

Steve,

Why is it so hard for you to understand just because I put a 10K hitch does not mean the MH itself is rated to tow a 10K load. I could put a 20K hitch or a 50K hitch on a rig it does not mean it is capable of doing it though. The capabilities are dependent on the rest of the rig.

Please take a look at the Spec sheet that I'm going to post a link to for the Plazzo. Take a look at the GVWR and then the GCWR. Some of them are only rated from the GVWR to the GCWR at 4K the longer ones are rated for 5K.

https://thormotorcoach.com/palazzo/specs/

Please take a look at these specs that the manufacturer has posted they for there for a reason.

Then take a look at the Tuscany specs and you well see that these rigs are rated for a 10K towing capacity.

https://thormotorcoach.com/tuscany/xte/specs/

So now if you are with me this far found out what the MSRP is for the Tuscany and you well find that they are asking $280,000 for it and if you take your 35% off that you think you are going to get it comes right in about $200,000. Now this is comparable to the Bentley at $190,000 and this is what you should be comparing to get a like for like comparison. Not the Plazzo that you seem to be so hung up on to compare against the Bentley.

I am not getting the Bentley I'm buying a Super C Ghost 36DS as my previous post stated. I did get some more off their price. As I got more for my trade in then was book and they did some extras for me with out any extra charge. So it is very hard to figure out how much more discount I got.

If you are so interested in the Bentley why don't you call them and see what their bottom price is. I can't tell you how much their are willing to deal on the Bentley but they are selling everyone of them that they are making. They don't even have a display unit, all they had when I was there was another owners rig that they had not picked up yet.

This is the end of the discussion for me. You are not willing to go look at the specs for yourself. I can lead a horse to water but I sure can't make him drink and I think this is about where we are at in this thread so don't expect me to respond. I have tried every why I know of to try you to compare the proper rig for a fair comparison and you keep refering to a different rig. I give up and refuse to hit my head against the wall anymore. It hurts to much and I am kind of dense but after a while I do get the idea that you are not willing to change your mind so have at it.

butch50 said:
Steve,

Why is it so hard for you to understand just because I put a 10K hitch does not mean the MH itself is rated to tow a 10K load. I could put a 20K hitch or a 50K hitch on a rig it does not mean it is capable of doing it though. The capabilities are dependent on the rest of the rig.

Please take a look at the Spec sheet that I'm going to post a link to for the Plazzo. Take a look at the GVWR and then the GCWR. Some of them are only rated from the GVWR to the GCWR at 4K the longer ones are rated for 5K.

https://thormotorcoach.com/palazzo/specs/

Please take a look at these specs that the manufacturer has posted they for there for a reason.

Then take a look at the Tuscany specs and you well see that these rigs are rated for a 10K towing capacity.

https://thormotorcoach.com/tuscany/xte/specs/

So now if you are with me this far found out what the MSRP is for the Tuscany and you well find that they are asking $280,000 for it and if you take your 35% off that you think you are going to get it comes right in about $200,000. Now this is comparable to the Bentley at $190,000 and this is what you should be comparing to get a like for like comparison. Not the Plazzo that you seem to be so hung up on to compare against the Bentley.

I am not getting the Bentley I'm buying a Super C Ghost 36DS as my previous post stated. I did get some more off their price. As I got more for my trade in then was book and they did some extras for me with out any extra charge. So it is very hard to figure out how much more discount I got.

If you are so interested in the Bentley why don't you call them and see what their bottom price is. I can't tell you how much their are willing to deal on the Bentley but they are selling everyone of them that they are making. They don't even have a display unit, all they had when I was there was another owners rig that they had not picked up yet.

This is the end of the discussion for me. You are not willing to go look at the specs for yourself. I can lead a horse to water but I sure can't make him drink and I think this is about where we are at in this thread so don't expect me to respond. I have tried every why I know of to try you to compare the proper rig for a fair comparison and you keep refering to a different rig. I give up and refuse to hit my head against the wall anymore. It hurts to much and I am kind of dense but after a while I do get the idea that you are not willing to change your mind so have at it.

first off, sorry for the way I typed my post... and I can see where you are going with your reply...
I should never have used the word PALAZZO

there is no way to compare a nexus Bently to a Palazzo... I totally agree...

the compairison was the standard to pricing.... the motorhome industry has a 25 and more percent of mark up... where the auto is more like 10%

with bently, what I noticed was the mark up is more like the auto.... the msrp doesnot include options,... and the options they have come standard on most coaches...

my last new purchase,,.. their was only 2 options over msrp, and ever coach on the lot has them....I personaly did not want a 2,000 dollar over head drop down bunk..but with it as an option.... they are able to advertise a cheeper msrp..

when I looked a the bently... there was a whole page of options, and the 190k price was just to get you started....

again.... not try'n to compare coaches... but the way they are priced... bently has a different way then the standard of the industry

Hello all I'm new to this site and recently purchased a 2018 Nexus 25V viper E450 and like most new buyers had minor to moderate repairs done to our new coach. However, the first thing we realized from the moment we first drove our coach was the sway produced particularly at highway speeds. Upon doing research and talking to several RV mechanics we realized when ford builds the cutaway they have no idea what the end manufacturer is going to make out of it. So how can ford tune the suspension when they don't know what the final product will be. So basically ford uses stock sway bars and leave it to the RV manufacturer to make it right. Well apparently Nexus didn't make it right. Because of the top heavy weight added onto the E series ford chassis the factory stock sway bars were totally inadequate making driving our coach feel unsafe in particular in strong wind gusts. Please be aware stock factory suspension parts may NOT be adequate for the weight of your rig.

You are correct that Ford does not equip the chassis with anti-roll (anti-sway) bars intended for a top heavy body like an RV. That's left up to the RV builder when he adds the RV body. The rest of the suspension, however, is designed and rated for a specific weigh (GVWR), which is 14,500 lbs in the case of the E450 van cutaway chassis.  The chassis is adequate for that, but no vehicle chassis is at its best when loaded to the max 100% of the time. Most coaches built on the E450 are running close to the full GVWR, sometimes close to that even as it leaves the factory. You need to step up to a heavier duty rig, usually a Class A diesel pusher, to get much in the way of extyra capacity. Unlike van-based Rvs, the class A chassis is designed to carry a large & heavy RV body.

Nexus main claim to fame is a low price, so they probably don't spend much [or maybe anything!] to upgrade the chassis when they add the body.

Jack2121 said:
Hello all I'm new to this site and recently purchased a 2018 Nexus 25V viper E450 and like most new buyers had minor to moderate repairs done to our new coach. However, the first thing we realized from the moment we first drove our coach was the sway produced particularly at highway speeds. Upon doing research and talking to several RV mechanics we realized when ford builds the cutaway they have no idea what the end manufacturer is going to make out of it. So how can ford tune the suspension when they don't know what the final product will be. So basically ford uses stock sway bars and leave it to the RV manufacturer to make it right. Well apparently Nexus didn't make it right. Because of the top heavy weight added onto the E series ford chassis the factory stock sway bars were totally inadequate making driving our coach feel unsafe in particular in strong wind gusts. Please be aware stock factory suspension parts may NOT be adequate for the weight of your rig.
We noticed the same issue when we picked up our 2011 Winnebago Access Premier 31NP. It was 'gently' used with a mere 13K miles on it when we got it in 2015.
After our first trip I called a suspension shop in Fort Worth I had worked with on other projects. Half-way through explaining why I wanted the front alignment checked, Mike stopped me and said; "We'll check it out, but I can tell you now what the fix is."
The next morning I took it in. His crew checked front alignment (critical on F-450 chassis) and it wasn't far off. He then added a leaf to each side of the rear suspension, told me to come back and pay the bill after our next trip.
A week later, I paid him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom