Jayco 31.5 RLTS Eagle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3fivers

We purchased a 2014 Jayco Eagle 31.5 RLTS in September.  This is our 3rd fifth wheel and we thought we were well rehearsed when coming to look and then buying new.  Well anyway not to get long winded here is the problem:  You stand up at the kitchen sink and wash dishes you have either your head hitting the cabinet above the sink or you have to slouch down and over to wash at the sink.  Now we have been in touch with our Dealer and he has been in touch with the District Rep for Jayco.  All I can say is I don't think I am getting much sympathy from them yet.  Our dealer wrote to the Rep and the dealer asked him "THATS BAD, THAT MAKES FOR AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER, YOU PEOPLE DONT WANT TO MANY OF THEM DO YOU?" The Reps response was "Absolutely not...but from a warranty standpoint, there is nothing wrong.  To be honest, this model is one of our most popular, and this is the first I've heard of this complaint.  So, for us to give money for something that isn't broke isn't going to happen."  Part of the ending has to do with a solution given by the dealer and the Rep talking about paying for the repair.  Anyway, I am looking for anyone that has purchased a Jayco Eagle 31.5 RLTS that has this same problem!  As the rep has said this is the first he has heard of this.  So I am asking all the 31.5 RLTS Eagle owners to come forward so we can make a case to Jayco about this design flaw.  The rep talks about repairing this  under warranty and said there is nothing wrong.  But the design is terrible and I know every one of you that owns one of these has the same problem and you have either not noticed it yet, ( hard to fathom that) or just think there is nothing you can do about it.  So please help.
I will post pics if there seems to be a need
Thanks for listening and your help!!!
Bill

To get a larger sampling, you might try posting this to the Jayco owners forum (in a safer, more toned-down fashion :) ), or to the Jayco forum on IRV2.com.

It is the same thing I have in my FR and also had in my Cougar. I had thought about changing the cabinet and making it shorter but then would lose cupboard space, I just adapted to the way it is. Not a big problem and never did think it was the manufacturers fault.....and if I did....I would not have bought it.

Back
Top Bottom