Latest Godward Fiasco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

Well Jim had an incident on Tuesday that put him in the Hospital with an angina attack.  On Wednesday he had a stent installed and is now home.  Things are coming along quite well and he is feeling fine.

We both second what Wendy said.  No more "incidents" for Jim!  Take care....

ArdraF and JerryF

Listen to Pat and do what she says.  Listen to Pat and do what she says.  Listen to Pat and do what she says.  Am I getting my point across yet?  No, not yet.  Well, then, listen to Pat and do what she says!

Margi

Margi, you didn't tell him to listen to Pat and do what she says.  Maybe you better try that again!  ;D ;D

ArdraF

I think even Engineer Godward, the rocket scientist, might finally get the message.  ;D  You never know, tho ...  ;D

Jim, being a highly experienced heart patient myself, I know you soon will be feeling better than you have in a while, but behave yourself anyway. :)

Margi,

Pat has a way about her and I cannot win so I have no choice but to do what Pat says!  :)

Wendy & Ardra,

Pat walked into the room today and did just that, a great big hug!

Bob,

I am already in PT but I am sure from what I have heard from other patients, I will get cardiac rehab or something very similar.

Lou,

I am already amazed at how much better I feel after only one day.

I'll add a comment about the event.  It was apparent to the Dr. that I had had previous attacks as one artery is closed off  and there are many blood vessels that carry blood around it.  In analyzing my self, I suspect the initial attacks occurred as long ago as the mid '80s as I recall back pain when doing very strenuous activities then.  The pain I felt Tuesday was exactly like what I had had then only much, much stronger.  I had written the pains off as a result of my bad back.  I now know they were not.  At least I now know and if one happens again, I will hit the emergency room ASAP!

Too late smart!  :)

Glad you got that stent in time Jim, I always felt better after one and could tell if another was needed by the way it dragged me down. I'm up to six now. The last one wasn't necessary but I convinced the doc to put it in anyway since I was already on the table and cath'ed. Take care of your stent, they tend to collect placque and carry tat card with you that identifies the location and kind of stent.

Wow, that was quick!  Glad you're on the mend, Jim.

Glad you are on the mend Jim.  At least you have an attractive nurse. :-]  Get out and walk when you can.  It is great therapy.

catblaster said:
Glad you got that stent in time Jim, I always felt better after one and could tell if another was needed by the way it dragged me down. I'm up to six now. The last one wasn't necessary but I convinced the doc to put it in anyway since I was already on the table and cath'ed. Take care of your stent, they tend to collect placque and carry tat card with you that identifies the location and kind of stent.

OOPS, what card??  Obviously from my response I have no idea of what you are talking about.

Jim, when released from hospital after having one or more stents inserted, they give you a card you're supposed to carry with you. The card shows the location(s) of stent(s).

You will eventually receive a card (or cards) identifying the location and type of stent.  Tom carries three of them in his wallet at all times.

Tom and Margi said:
You will eventually receive a card (or cards) identifying the location and type of stent.  Tom carries three of them in his wallet at all times.

OK, I just checked and  it is in process and I should have it the first of the week.

My card was in the packet of brochures and other stuff they gave me before leaving the cardio-vascular unit. I almost missed it, because it was 'hidden' behind/inside one of the other contents on of the packet.

Jim,

I am glad to hear you are on the mend and wish you speedy recovery! I need you available in case someone finally calls me on the "it's not rocket science" response....

Take good care and I hope we get a visit this summer!

Kim

Back
Top Bottom