Latest Godward Fiasco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the test today was interesting, I did well but not well enough.  There is a risk with the stent that was installed in January that it may start to clog up.  We are not sure but from the test it appears this may be the case SO next Thursday I get to get another angiogram and possibly another stent.  That procedure if successful should be the end of things for a while.  IF not, we will cross that bridge next Thursday or Friday.

In the meantime we are getting ready to travel the end of April.  The route we take will depend on the medical stuff and how soon we get out of here.  Still want to go I90/94 but may have to just stay on I90 till we get east of the Mississippi

Noting that everyone is different...I was on Plavix and 325 aspirin when it ate two holes in my stomach and they picked me off the floor and put 4 bags of juice back in me.  That qualified me for the lawsuit against Plavix. I'm not saying that will happen to everyone or even anyone else but if you feel a burn in the pit of your stomach ...pay attention to it.

Will,

I am on Plavix and 81 mg aspirin right now and go on 325 aspirin in addition to the Plavix on Sunday through Thursday in preparation for the next catherization on Thursday morning.  I am watching the side effects of all the new drugs I have been on since Jan 15.  Part of my problem with the heart is due to side effects of the drugs I had while being treated for cancer back in the mid '90s.

Thanks for the comments as I had already asked the Dr but he felt 5 days should not be a problem.  Now about the current intestinal issues, they are guessing but are not blaming the Plavix yet.

thats what they did with me on my last stent even though I protested the Plavix....no choice if I wanted to get transplanted. When you go in ask them to burn you a CD of the procedure. Several times they sent mine out on the gurney with me....and remember to ask about your stent card.

I find the CD interesting, it shows the heart beating in real time and the cath and die from the procedure. Grab a drink, some popcorn and make a movie out of it.

I actually was in a position to watch the screen during my first heart cath.  The second one I could see a little out of the corner of my eye.  The third, I had gone into cardiac arrest so I was not watching much.  But I did feel the paddles.  In fact, I asked the Dr why he did that.  He leaned close to my fact and said, "Because your heart stopped, Bud"

I watched the procedure yesterday and found it interesting.  I will ask for the CD for all of the procedures, the first cath, the test yesterday and the one on Thursday.  You are right, it would make an interesting movie as opposed to the MRI slide shows I have.

I had  forgotten about the stent card so will ask about that too.

Jim...that reminds me of a story......on my third procedure I was watching the monitor and saw the dye escape out of the artery and into the cavity,( a blow-out) about that time I heard the tech say "oh $hit". Now don't stop me if you already heard this. Doc saw the look on my face and came over closer and said not to worry, watch it and you will see it heal up and stop. He released some of the pressure off of the balloon and sure enough when he squirted more dye in it stayed in place like it should. I guess he really did know what he was doing after all.
    I had two right side caths to measure arterial pressure going to my lungs but both times they put the monitor out of view and the last time they went thru my neck so I couldnt turn to watch any way. I didn't get those two CD's either.

Just a quick note for people who can't tolerate Plavix. I had a second stent placed and noted to the Dr. That I had had real problems with Plavix and he prescribed Effient instead. Very effective, no side effects except bleeding easily, and Very Expensive!

I stopped Plavex in sbout 60 days, but lasted seven months on Effient (stopped bcause of bleeding gums).

Ernie

Eight years on Plavex, off in 1/13; and "till death do us part" on 81mg aspirin according to my CHF Cardiologist. I've 5 stents. . .

Well, where am I?  Last Thursday the stress/echo test indicated I needed to have another catheterization so we did one today.  Great results, the previous stent emplacement is in fine shape but...  Always a but when dealing with Drs.  The but is that the lower back of the heart is not receiving enough blood for strenuous exercise so I am now going to take a pill which acts like a low dose of nitroglycerin everyday to open up the vessels that are there.  I start tomorrow and see the Cardiologist in a few days for a new plan for rehab.

I guess that is all I know now so we are starting to get ready for our trip east and if the Dr doesn't like the idea of the MH, we will fly.  :(

Just out of curiosity and hope you dont mind my asking but is the new pill Revatio?? I was given that for almost a year before transplant....it was great in a way.

I guess an update is in order as things have progressed in the wrong way.  Approximately in mid April, I had a session where we thought a heart attack might be starting.  I had another catherization to inspect the stent as it was suggested that it may be collecting bad stuff and blocking the artery.  It was fine however I caught a bug that we are still chasing.  In the processs of chasing the bug,  I had some additional problems with my lungs and the CT scan showed some minor blood clots there so we added an anticoagulant to my pharmacy.  Additionally they suspected I was not getting enough O2 especially at night so more testing.

The result is I will be on O2 at night as long as we live at altitude.  We started cleaning out stuff and making some changes to the house to enhance selling it.  Since we have 8 great grand kids, 4 grand kids -soon to be 5- and 2 daughters in the Portland OR area that looks like our destination.  We are not sure as to how soon but we want to put the house up for sale by mid August if possible. 

Future RV trips are still planned but may or may not happen.

On the other hand, I feel better than I have in many years, Pat is doing great so we are thankful for the health we have.

Jim

Sorry to hear that everything didn't clear up but good luck with selling the house and the move. That many kids around should keep you active and kicking. :D

Jim,

I was good to see you last week. Hope you can get the house sold quickly and get re-settled where ever you finally decide. At least Portland is a really nice area, if that's what you decide.
I hope you will be able to continue to RV, but there are other things more important. Glad you're feeling better.

ken

Wishing you both well and happy - as always!  Hope your house sells quickly too.

ArdraF

Very glad to hear you are feeling good Jim, but saddened by your having to have supplemental Oxy at night.

I had to go thru that for a while and had 4 liters connected into my CPAP, one night I thought "if a little bit is good...then a little more is better". That isn't the case with use of oxy at night and I soon learned there are some dangers in turning it up too high.

The important thing is you are feeling good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom