Adding a remote control to existing camper jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punomatic

Is there any way to add a remote control to my Attwood electric camper jacks? I have included a picture below of one of the jacks. I don't know the model number.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 33
Hello, did you ever get this to work with a remote .? I have the same question recently. My TT has a remote that operates the stabilizers,awning, light and 3 slides. Im curious if a remote could operate that jack. Searching, "remote control" led me to your post and another that retro fitted and got his slides to be remote controlled, let me know if that worked for you.

I never got an answer on the forum, and the best information I was able to glean was from internet searches.  I found replacement remote control jacks for about $2,800, but I sold the camper about a year later for $3,400, so that would not have been a good investment.

Since then, I have discovered Raspberry Pi computers and have wondered whether a guy could build one and program it to provide remote control of power jacks?? Good luck with your quest.

I don't know if it would work for your application, but the company that makes the LevelMate Pro (levelling system) is coming out with a PowerMate Pro sometime in the late spring or early summer.  The unit will replace a momentary switch....like you have on a slide out or awning, or stabilizer jacks.  You will be able to operate it normally with a built in switch but it will also be Bluetooth capable.  There will be an app for your phone and your phone will then serve as the remote control for the device that it is wired to.  I will be buying a pair of them when they are released....one for each slide in my Toy Hauler.  Like I said, they aren't out yet, but hopefully it will just be a few more months.

I know that HappiJaks have a replacement control board and wireless control that can be retrofitted to their jacks.  I would presume that Atwood does also, or should.

Back
Top Bottom