+55 adult RV resort, what a Croc!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmax1

Im staying at one of those +55 adult RV parks as advertised but why are so many kids here. They are crawling under my motorhome to get there Frisbees,  racing up and down the street on bicycles so its scary to go for a walk, cant use the pool because they are always in it, hearing the F word so much I think Im RVing in a biker bar parking lot. If anyone knows of a true adult only park in Arizona, please let me know where!

Please don't hesitate to review the park here and in RV Park Reviews which so many of us use.

We have been in parks where children may be allowed as short term guests, but obviously your situation is pretty obnoxious. Don't hesitate to have a calm conversation with the management and see if they can't remedy some of this. It's hard for park management to adjust to conditions that are not brought to their attention.

Let us know in your review!

Kim

The big problem is that so many old people invite their grandchildren to stay with them. And no matter how obnoxious or noisy the kids are the grandparents think the kids are being cute. I would talk to the management and tell them if they don't clear the problem then you are moving and reporting the park to rvparkreviews.

We just arrived in Yuma and set up in the River Front RV Park @ 2300 W Water St on the south side of the River  So far we have met and talked to several neighbors and have seen no evidence of Urchins.  It is quiet and relaxing.  After spending 3 months in a Vegas camp ground, arriving here is like getting out of Jail.

I would highly recommend this park.  Also their Monthly rate is very reasonable.  we had 81 today and it is suppose to go to 52 tonight.  Compared to Vegas the traffic is much much less and the shopping is easy.

Highly recommended.  Nice shade trees to.

Tom...

They are probably rental kids just to get you upset.  Either that or possibly grand kids.  You could do like Joseph Stalin, just go out and shoot one.  Then the others would get the message.  I wouldn't recommend it however.

Tom Hoffman said:
We just arrived in Yuma and set up in the River Front RV Park @ 2300 W Water St on the south side of the River  So far we have met and talked to several neighbors and have seen no evidence of Urchins.  It is quiet and relaxing.  After spending 3 months in a Vegas camp ground, arriving here is like getting out of Jail.

I would highly recommend this park.  Also their Monthly rate is very reasonable.  we had 81 today and it is suppose to go to 52 tonight.  Compared to Vegas the traffic is much much less and the shopping is easy.

Highly recommended.  Nice shade trees to.

Tom...

A few of us call Las Vegas home...

Tom Hoffman said:
...So far we have met and talked to several neighbors and have seen no evidence of Urchins.

Forgive my ignorance, please tell me what an "Urchin" is.
Thanks.

Here's what Webster says:

ur?chin noun \ˈər-chən\
: a usually poor and dirty child who annoys people or causes minor trouble

That seems to fit very well with what the poster experienced in Vegas.

Ken

jdubbery said:
Are there 55(-) RV parks?  Just to add some balance.  ;D

My kids love Jellystone! I always thought kids and camping went hand in hand.
---------------------------

If some kids are disturbing you, I suggest you contact a campground administrator.
Not all kids are troublesome. I'm sorry that a few poorly taught and supervised kids are ruining anybody's camping experience. I can assure you that my kids are the source of nobody's complaints.

Tom Hoffman said:
We just arrived in Yuma and set up in the River Front RV Park @ 2300 W Water St on the south side of the River 

Tom, Do I recall that you are there as your wife has a work detail at the hospital?  Happy  to see you are enjoying the Park so far. We live out in the Foothills and have never stayed at any of the Yuma RV Parks so it is nice to get a good reference for a long term stay.  Friends always ask me if I know of one.  Thank  you for the  post.

Jellystone.  I've never heard of this.  Googled it, and now I'm grateful to my parents for not subjecting me to such.  ???

Ned said:
Sure, Jellystone :D

ROFL!!!!  Yeah, but there are a couple of troublesome bears there from what I've heard, and the Ranger is a bit of a hard nose.  And there is a theft problem concerning Pik-a-nik baskets.  Might be best to avoid it.  :)

Frizlefrak said:
ROFL!!!!  Yeah, but there are a couple of troublesome bears there from what I've heard, and the Ranger is a bit of a hard nose.  And there is a theft problem concerning Pik-a-nik baskets.  Might be best to avoid it.  :)
It is the dinosaurs you really have to watch out for. ;D

Betty Brewer said:
Tom, Do I recall that you are there as your wife has a work detail at the hospital?  Happy  to see you are enjoying the Park so far. We live out in the Foothills and have never stayed at any of the Yuma RV Parks so it is nice to get a good reference for a long term stay.  Friends always ask me if I know of one.  Thank  you for the  post.

You are correct, my wife's next assignment is at the Yuma Hospital from 02/07 -  05/30 or so. 

I would recommend doing a drive through while in the area.  It is a little hard to get to and find but it does have a range of activities (shuffle board?  Horse Shoes?)  Are you kidding me those are for old people.

Here's my favorite pass time.... 8)

Attachments

• Work.jpg
    Work.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back