Quartzsite For Dummys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A

AmeDeBoheme

Hey gang - heading to Quartzsite from Phoenix on the 22nd. We are excited to partake in the Quartzsite experience but are Quartzsite newbs and are a bit lost as to the best location for us.

We would prefer straight BLM dry camping but would not be opposed to a $40 - 14 day LTVA situation - is it possible to be within walking distance to the flea markety, gem & rock show stuffs? Or does all that require a drive into town?

Can anyone point us to a nice first time quartzsite spot?

There is a group of over 30 Forum members in Quartzsite right now. They are in the LTVA, South on the West side. Go to the Heading "Rallies Shows and Events" and the first topic is the Quartzite rally.
The site there at is not within walking distance. There are site in the LTVA North that would be ion walking distance, but I don't know how full that area is right now.
The free areas would be a long hike to town. There are quite a few free areas, east, west, north and south of town.

ken

AmeDeBoheme, 

I have copied the link to Bob's specific directions on how to get to the RVForum gathering.  It will cost the $40.00 for 14 day stay but you will be with tons of folks who have dry camped before and can be of great help and information; besides it's alot of fun and you'll get to meet everyone.  The "free" area is pretty far from the heart of the show i.e. gem show, rv show etc.

Here is the link for directions:  http://rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite14.htm#DIRECTIONS

My husband and I will also be arriving on Wednesday the 22nd, heading to the RVForum gathering spot.

Marsha~

Bob Buchanan said:
This would be your best solution . . .  :)

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,66550.150.html#lastPost

I'll second Bob's recommendation.  Lots of boon docking experts there to help with that if needed, you can usually get a ride to town and there are also usually off road trips with spare room if you want to go as well as a lot of nice people.

We are missing again this year and am really frustrated in doing so.

GO and have a great time!

We just returned from there. You can have our spot! ;D It's a great bunch of folks.

Back
Top Bottom