Replacing Coleman Mach Thermostat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard46

Has anyone ever replaced the basement heat pump thermostat with a digital t-stat.
The t-stat is a 9 wire, Coleman Mach model 6535-3451

Yup - one of our resident engineers, Bill (Duner) has it figured out.  Funny you should mention that, Amazon is delivering an Ecobee Smart Si WiFi thermostat tomorrow for us.  I'll be replacing our Colman-Mach thermostat in the coach with this one.  If it works out well, I might replace our Honeywell touch screen thermostat in the house with the touch screen Ecobee model.

Jerry, first off it depends what you are looking for in a stat. I was looking to switch from heat to cool automatically with a 2 stage heat pump with gas backup and there is nothing available. http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,68229.msg622709.html#msg622709bs
If you are just looking for a digital stat that can be programmed then there are some available that work on battery power vs the ones that use 24v ac or other options like the stat in your house. You will still have to switch from heat to cool manually but you can program settings like your house stat if that is what you are looking for. I?m not much of an hvac guy but figured if it wouldn't switch auto between heat and cool there wasn't much reason for me to change stats. If you find something that will work please let us know.
John, your highlighted post from Duner specifying the 8085c has been discontinued and has not been available for quite some time.

Don't worry about the hijack. I will follow both threads. I sent an email to Ecobee for info and they said they would get back to me.

I mostly just want to go digital, so hard to set the little slide bar.

Well just to let anyone interested know, I did swap the 6535-3451 analog with a 6536A3351 digital thermostat. Eric Botts at RVP Support suggested the model number. It was a direct plug and play. No wiring to change or anything. Really simple.

Attachments

• IMG_0234 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0234 (Copy).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0237 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0237 (Copy).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0238 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0238 (Copy).JPG
    53 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0241 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0241 (Copy).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0242 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0242 (Copy).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 33
Jerry...is the model # you quoted (6536A3351) also a Coleman Mach product? And is it simply a digital stat or is it also programmable? Where were you able to find this thermostat?

Rick

Back
Top Bottom