Spare Tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wclement1248

We recently purchased a 2011 Bullet.  I was surprised to find it came with two spare tires, one on the bumper and one in the storage bin.    It is a two axle trailer, but I never thought about carrying two spares.  Should I carry two and sacrifice storage or leave it at home and gain the space?

Gain the space unless you are going far or to a remote area.

Two spares? Sounds to me like someone screwed up. You may have a windfall with a second spare unless someone somewhere in the process ordered you and extra one. Maybe the dealer "added" one for his own purposes and forgot to remove it before delivery. LOL  Either that or the mfr knows the tires they use are crap and failures are common. And when they do they cause a second tire to fail rather quickly. I say keep both onboard until you gain more experience with the rig...then decide whether to leave the "extra" one at home. Oh and don't take either to dealership...just in case ;0)

This was a used trailer. The dealer said it came in with two spares. I guess the first owner believed in wearing a belt and suspenders

Or had a lot of tire problems...

What is the tire size and load rating and how does that compare to the weight the axles are carrying? A under or marginally sized tire is highly likley to fail, especially if under-inflated.

Wclement1248 said:
...I was surprised to find it came with two spare tires...

I once had the opposite problem with a used truck I bought. I had a flat about 6 months later and called AAA who promply looked underneath and said "where's your spare?". Apparently the dealer had some trouble with them walking away so he takes them all off and puts them inside. He gladly produced one for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom