Stock Wrangler sport, Prep for Moab rally????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
captsteve said:
Finally got the lift installed. 3.25" shock and spring leveling kit. I think it looks much better now with the 33's. STill waiting on the winch and trying to decide on the Sliders...

Looks AWESOME Steve!

Mike.

It is looking very nice...I like it, and you just made up my mind on the lift and tires.

Thanks Mike!! John, You won't be sorry! I got the 3.25" Rough country spring and shock kit and it rides better than factory.

captsteve said:
Finally got the lift installed. 3.25" shock and spring leveling kit. I think it looks much better now with the 33's. STill waiting on the winch and trying to decide on the Sliders...
Oh yeah!  Now it's getting that Moab look!

I just went and picked up the XDS rock rails will put them on next month when I get back from W*rk.

Thanks John! It is a start and enough for me as a beginner... Now after Moab, that's a different story!!! ;D

Ordering the last 2 items for Moab, 

1. Sway bar disconnects

2. Evap Canister armour, Decided against the relocate kit for now.

Can't wait to get home and do the final bit of installation. Then it's time to chomp the bit until Moab!!!!!

Well, Today I completed the Pre-Moab Build up.

Rock Sliders installed

Sway Bar Disconnects installed

Evap Skid Plate... NOT Installed. After getting the old braket/plate off and putting it all together I tried to mount it only to find that it will not fit. A Call to Rough Country and some e-mailed pics, They swear that they have never seen a 13'; Jeep with the exhaust configured the way mine is. So, No GO!!

I guess I'll have to  be gentle...

Ready to go now!*fingers thrumming to desk! ;D ;D ;D

captsteve said:
Evap Skid Plate... NOT Installed. After getting the old braket/plate off and putting it all together I tried to mount it only to find that it will not fit. A Call to Rough Country and some e-mailed pics, They swear that they have never seen a 13'; Jeep with the exhaust configured the way mine is. So, No GO!!
I used the Rock Hard Evap Canister relocation bracket instead of a skid place.  It puts it out of harms way above the axle.

Speaking of Moab, I just got back from Moab. Two of the hardest days of wheeling ever for me.

I'm beat up, Jeeps are beat up but what a two days!

You guys are gunna have some fun!

The weather was great John and the trail were by far the hardest I've been on in a while!

I'll post a few pictures when I get a chance!

We were in Moab for a week (March 10-15) and it was great.  Weather was great, other than a hell of a wind storm one night.  Can't wait to be there again in May. ;D

Mike.

It wasn't Moab but I got a chance to get out yesterday. I was in a group of Jeeps and we traveled over Wheeler Pass. The front part of the trail was fun, the last half on the Pahrump side was merely 20 miles of dirt road, dusty and no fun.

Attachments

• Wheeler Pass March 2014, Desert Wranglers 002.JPG
    Wheeler Pass March 2014, Desert Wranglers 002.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 25
Testing the hook up after the lift and bumper.All looks good!! Yes I know the cables are not installed, just a test.

Attachments

• 20140324_135606.jpg
    20140324_135606.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140324_135615.jpg
    20140324_135615.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 24
captsteve said:
Testing the hook up after the lift and bumper.All looks good!! Yes I know the cables are not installed, just a test.

I like your bumper...a lot.

Back
Top Bottom