snow event coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richard_123

Have just become full timers. First winter in motor-home , presently in NC. Have have temps in the teens for several days each week for last several weeks. Appears that a snow storm is heading our way and will hit in about 24 hours. News states 1-6 inches. I feel that probably should pull in slides so that the slide toppers will not have to hold the snow. Am I being to cautious by pulling in the slides and live that way for a few days. What do the other full timers do when situation arises. 

I'm not a fulltimer, but if I were, I'd not only pull in my slides, but I'd pull out of the campground and head somewhere south of Vero Beach. ;D

wish I could, wife has just been released from some major surgery. have to sty put for the next 6-8 weeks

Definitely pull in the slides. That will also make it easier to heat. When the snow passes you can extend the slides again. If you don't pull them in you will be up on a ladder cleaning them off.

John Hilley said:
Definitely pull in the slides. That will also make it easier to heat. When the snow passes you can extend the slides again.
. X2 ...exactly what I have done (after the first time when I learned a few things) when we were caught in snowfall.

Pull in the slides.  Besides the snow it will make it easier to heat.  You may want to pull up jacks also to keep them from freezing to the ground.

SeilerBird said:
What is this "snow" you all speak of?

It is the opposite of "draught" which is the thing us folks here in the Southwest have been undergoing for the last 3 years.  If that is unclear, think "brush/forest fire".  :(

Lou Schneider said:
I thought "draught" was that amber stuff that comes out of a bar tap.    ;)

What Lou said. "Drought" is lack of the wet stuff falling out of the sky. Although I suppose you could have a drought of draught if there was a beer shortage.

We have spent two winters in our RV in Utah and if we had pulled in the slideout during the snows, we would have gone stir crazy,easier to heat or not! Our motorhome is just too small with the slideout pulled in. Of course, we are paying the price, the sail cloth that rolls out with the slideout tore during a storm but it was old & faded when we got the RV. I'm going to be looking at the roof heaters that melt the snow off the roof this coming year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom