Golden Gate Bridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was a kid in the Bay area, several times I walked out to the center of the Golden Gate Bridge with a date on a warm summer evening. It was great at night to be able to walk out there and look down at the water and watch a lighted ship pass under you. While I had my sailboat on the bay, I sailed under that bridge many times. Really had to watch the flow of the tides and time the sailing so they were in your favor.

Since I've been away from the area for 40 years, I wonder if the bridge is even still open to pedestrian traffic on the walk ways.

Yes, the Golden Gate Bridge walkways are still open.  You can walk across on the east walkway during daylight hours.  Bicyclists are allowed to ride across the bridge using the walkways 24 hours a day.  Some hours the east walkway is shared by both pedestrians and bicycles, sometimes bicycles use the west walkway - it depends on whether the bridge crews are using the west walkway as a staging area for their painting and maintenance operations.

I have numerous photos of the GG Bridge, taken from various directions, from land and from our boat, with and without fog. But I don't have one showing that perspective. Thanks for posting.

The day I snapped this pic, we were watching the Blue Angels. Not a good result photographically, thanks to my point-and-shoot style, but it captured the bridge shrouded in fog.

Edit: This guy got the kind of shot of the Blue Angels and the bridge I would have liked to take that day.

A little different perspective on a clearer day. The Captain snapped this on one of the rare days she allows me to take the helm.

Attachments

• Gwyn_Tom_GG.jpg
    Gwyn_Tom_GG.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
Here's one I snapped of Jim and Pat Dick from 'above the bridge'. I know Jim took better photos (than me) that day, but don't recall if he posted them on the forum.

Tom,
As you probably know, I took mine from the road going around to Ft. Point that you see under the bridge. here is another that I took from on top of one of the gun empacements on Brady Beach.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom