Winnie Vista 27N Captain Chairs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budbon

We are taking delivery on a 27N Vista on Thursday. Is there a wat to get the drivers captain to rotate afull 180 degrees? The steering wheel is stopping it.

The driver's chair on the 27N should swivel 180deg., Winnebago shows it swiveling in the diagram.Try moving the seat all the way back and put the seat back all the up. If the steering column is adjustable, put it all the way down (in).

good luck

ken

We have a 27-foot Sightseer, almost the same. You have to tilt the steering wheel up as level as it will go and then slide the seat back until it pivots.

I discovered in my 2010 Fleetwood Bounder that the seat swivels work better in the photos/brochures than in real life. In our new 2014 Winnebago Aspect the manufacturer sacrificed power chairs for swivel chairs that take a bit of work to get turned around, again it looks easier in the pictures. There is a trick to it... :)

Oh, Congratulations on your new RV...I hope the miles are happy, happy, happy.

On our Sightseer the drivers seat can be rotated 180 degrees but the way you do it is counter intuitive - at least it is to me.
I have to move the seat as close to the dash as possible, lean the seat back forward and rotate the seat 180 degrees, then move the seat back backwards to a normal position. It won't lay back much past vertical but is comfortable enough for use.

Moving the seat towards the dash seems wrong to me but if you think about it, as the seat rotates, the platform rotates with it so the seat moves away from the dash.

The passenger seat doesn't have the steering  wheel to contend with so is easy to turn around.

Okay, thanks all.  Can't wait to take delivery.  We are moving from a fifth wheel to this Vista. I just purchased a very nice 87 Suzuki Samurai as a toad.

We picked up our Winnie on Thursday.  So far we love it, but what a job transferring all the stuff from our fiver. Actually, we are not transferring everything.  Can't believe  how close to full blown hoarders we've become.

Don't feel bad. Back in summer of 2012, we moved from our Lance Pickup camper to a Vista 26P while both were in dealers lot in Iowa.  Took the better part of a day, and still can't believe we had all that stuff.

I felt somewhat like the old Clown Car bit, where people keep coming out of the car, and coming out!!!!  A fiver must be worse.

Back
Top Bottom