Restrictions on Outside Paint Job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So cool! Love the way you used the iron oxide! Hope to see it in person sometime.

-Trevor & Roni

I think you have a beautiful design.  It  seems unique yet classy and it looks so custom!  The colors update the age of the rig too.  Very  very nicely done! 
How do YOU like it?

SeilerBird said:
I think what you are doing is a huge mistake. Paint it beige and be happy. An RV is not an art project, it is a house and a vehicle.

I disagree, it is an art object.....I think its awesome.  you should check out sistersonthefly.com  You will see some really great stuff

areallynicegirl said:
I disagree, it is an art object.....I think its awesome.  you should check out sistersonthefly.com  You will see some really great stuff
We were camping at Victoria Springs SRA, Ne. a few years ago and there were roughly 20 Sisters of the Fly trailers there.  Many were beautiful little campers with neato paint schemes.  Certainly, I would consider them "art objects"...the trailers, not necessarily the girls. :)

hahahaha!  ya I checked out their book from the library, it is very inspiring!!!  Makes me want to break out the sharpies and tag my trailer up!!!!lol

The good thing is, if you decide 3 months down the line that it's too timid, you can do it differently. Yourself! That's a talent I'd envy if I were the envious type.  I think your current iteration looks great though.. more of a relaxation beach than a party beach.  Showing my age, no doubt.  Enjoy!

SeilerBird said:
Yes you are right, however you are talking about million dollar motorhomes. He who has the gold makes the rules unfortunately. But the bottom line is that the people who own the RV park have every right to deny access to anyone they want so long as they are not being prejudicial. By painting it wildly you are setting yourself up to be rejected. Personally I think the RV looks great, but I would not want it next door to me where I would have to look at it every day.

Yet I don't have a right to paint my house hippy colors without my neighbors trying to violate my property rights?

Old Radios said:
You can paint it any way you want.  You just might not be able to stay in snooty RV parks...

I get that. I just found it out that he understood property rights when it came to the park but not when it came to someones stationary home.

You'd think you could paint your house, front door, window trim and shutters any color you want, let alone any affordable shingles you want on your roof. Haha! Ever heard of an Hysterical commi..... errr, Historical Commission?

Bill

As to the colors on stick houses - I bought a new home in Sacramento in the late '80's. It was one of the 1st built in that new sub division. When I asked about colors was told I had no choice. The developer had chosen an overall color scheme that would include things such as no two houses side by side would have the same color, and so forth. It "did" make sense from a property values standpoint. If some person bought and did a weird thing - all property values would go down.

Unfortunately for me, and most all of Sacto in the early '90's the bottom fell from the market and has never recovered. I hung on for several years but finally sold and only got a portion of my investment back. I recently drove that neighborhood and found it amazing how folks are now painting their houses now that the developer is gone. Super weird would be putting it mildly. And that even made the prices drop even further.

So to me, the colors we paint our RV's are a very different discussion from the colors we paint our stick houses. One of the greatest aspects of my 18 years of full timing is that if I don't like whatever next door, I move on to another spot . . .  :)

robertusa123 said:
I can't stand class a only Rev parks.  They are full of snubs

What is that based on? The only parks we have ever been in that are for Class A's only are the Outdoor Resorts Parks.

Four out of five of the units at the Eagle Cliff Mini Rally here are diesel pushers and the fifth is a trailer that belongs to our new friends Eric and Max. This park is beautiful but is set up for large motor homes as well as tents and trailers. How anyone can pre-determine the personalities of the owners of a specific type of rig is beyond me.

robertusa123 said:
I can't stand class a only Rev parks.  They are full of snubs

That's like prejudging Prevost owners as snobs also, some of the nicest people I have met have been Prevost owners......I think you're going to get beat up on this one Robert :D

Then why the class or vehicle year requirement?

I don't believe Robert's post said, "people who drive Class A's or Prevosts are snobs".  He said he couldn't stand class A only parks.

Excluding someone else based on a physical characteristic of their RV that has ZERO impact on your enjoyment of your RV?
Owning a nice Class A doesn't make one a snob, but wanting to associate with people who only drive a fancy coach like your own?

MT4Runner said:
I don't believe Robert's post said, "people who drive Class A's or Prevosts are snobs".  He said he couldn't stand class A only parks.
But he also wrote, "I can't stand class a only Rev parks.  They are full of snubs"

Not sure what a snub is  ???, but that statement implies Class A parks are full of them - and because of them, he doesn't like them.

Edit: Have since looked up, "snub".
dictionary.reference.com/browse/snub

"To treat with disdain or contempt, especially by ignoring. 2. to check or reject with a sharp rebuke or remark. 3. to check or stop suddenly (a rope or cable that is ..."
‎Snubbed - ‎Snubber - ‎Snubby - ‎Snub-nosed

Have known Jeff and many other big rig folk for a number of years, and have never been snubbed by any of them.

People can infer whatever they wish.  This is the Internet, after all!

Take offense if you will at what he said, not at what you think he meant!  ;)

It may not be what he meant, personally I would shy away from a park that restricted to only class A but only because of the park management not the guests.  Sorry if I misinterpreted your statement Robert.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom