2nd Best Class B Cover, etc.???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Kirk

We just bought a 1999 Chinook motor home -- our first RV after 40 years of marriage.  It will be stored outside in the woods of West Virginia.  We wonder whether experienced owners can help us with these questions:

--  We have heard about a California cover company that makes "THE BEST" cover for the Chinook, but it costs about $700.  We were thinking there should be something good for maybe $300.  We think something especially "breathable" is important.  Does actual experience identify the maker and model of a very good cover?

--  We have mice EVERYWHERE at our place.  We will be applying a spray-on product called Mouse-Free to the bottom of the Chinook to try to deter our little friends.  Does anyone have experience with this product -- good or bad?

--  We are thinking that maybe our cover should be short enough to leave a couple feet between the bottom edge and the ground so that mice cannot reach the warmer area under the cover.  Does anyone have any experience with this approach?

--  Does anyone have any different suggestions for keeping mice out of the cover?  (A cat is not an option - wife is deathly allergic to cats.)

Thanks very much for your thoughts -- we greatly value the actual experience of ordinary users.

Bob

Welcome to the Forum, Bob!

Congratulations on your "new to you" rig!

I cannot speak authoritatively on Class B covers, but having used something similar on aircraft, they are somewhat of a mixed bag. I think you may see that from other responses.

How they breathe, how they are secured, and whether they will have a tendency to chafe paint are all things I have encountered on a smaller scale.

I have also had the mice problem with airplanes in a rural hangar, so I sympathize with that issue as well. We actually have a mouse riding with us now (don't ask me how) and are playing heck with tossing him off the rig. And we have a cat!

Hopefully some of the folks who store their rigs similar to yours and cannot put them under roof will have a reasonable answer.

Kim

Back
Top Bottom