Mount a kayak on the back of an RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfjensen

I really want to buy the Forest River Solera S except it doesn't have enough storage room for my yak board (smaller sit-on-top kayak). I can't be lifting anything up on the roof (even this is 30+ pounds) so I'm wondering if you could mount a kayak carrier on the back of the RV? Seems like less wind drag and would be MUCH more doable.

Thanks for any advice!

I have seen kayaks mounted on rear ladders but don't know how they were attached nor how they got then up there.

It's going to have to be a short Kayak.  Mine is 14.5 feet and that won't fit standing up even on an angle unless I drag one end on the road.
I have a trailer for the canoe, kayaks and Harley.

I just purchased a new 10' fishing kayak from Bass Pro Shop and was looking to vertically carry mine and I found http://www.rvkayakrack.com/ which would be great for carrying the kayak and the bikes. Their racks are a little pricey for me so for now we will be carrying the kayak in the rear bedroom and the bikes on the hitch bike rack.

Well, I can now tow my car and it has a roof rack which I now have a kayak carry kit for the rack. Now I can carry the kayak on the roof rack of my car behind the MH and detach the car and drive to the water.

I borrowed two  10' kayaks from my daughter for this weekend and found that I could put them both inside my 5vr. I put them in the living room and stacked them on top of one another. Then I used a couple of ratchet straps and tied them together.

Rene T said:
I borrowed two  10' kayaks from my daughter for this weekend and found that I could put them both inside my 5vr. I put them in the living room and stacked them on top of one another. Then I used a couple of ratchet straps and tied them together.

I packed mine inside the MH on a couple trips this year but it does become a nuisance for everyone in the coach when they want to move around.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom