Superbowl game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molaker

Is it just me or did anyone else think of the scene from the Godfather where the movie magnate woke up with the horse head in his bed?

No, that didn't immediately pop in my mind!

But it was rather droll.  Even the commercials weren't that great.  Might have something to do with pulling for the Broncs.

But the singer doing the National Anthem was phenomenal, don't you think?

Here's a video summary of the game that someone made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLDGSitDWA

Maddie said:
But the singer doing the National Anthem was phenomenal, don't you think?

It seems to take an Opera singer  to do our Anthem justice!  Yes she  was phenomenal!

I think the half time show would have been better if they'd had Renee Fleming perform.

Half time gave me time to go down the street from our party to our friends Broncos party and say:

WHAT A GREAT GAME!

Then you ran home under a barrage of Cheetos and empty beer cans. ;D I was hoping the Hawks would keep it close and maybe win but never expected that. A bad snap on the first play and things went south for the Broncos in a hurry. The organizers really need to be more professional with the half time show, after all it is an adult venue. I'm sure glad I didn't pay big bucks to sit though that.

I heard on Squawkbox this morning that a furniture retailer  (not named) had a Super Bowl promotion.  Terms:  Buy $7k of furniture and if the Broncs lose you get it for free.  He's out $7 mil.  Ouch!! Not a good executive decision.

captsteve said:
I was not a big fan of America the Beautiful not being sung in English...
It was sung in English and in various languages. I liked it, thought it was done well. Don't know if I would feel the same about our National Anthem though.

Ever since I wrote the above post, I haven't been able to get America The Beautiful sung by Elvis Presley out of my head! It's turning into an ear worm.

captsteve said:
I was not a big fan of America the Beautiful not being sung in English...
Interesting.  In a land built by many different races, creeds, nationalities and, yes, languages, I'm pleased all can be represented.  To me, celebrating this great nation in multiple languages is very appropriate.

Maddie said:
I heard on Squawkbox this morning that a furniture retailer  (not named) had a Super Bowl promotion.  Terms:  Buy $7k of furniture and if the Broncs lose you get it for free.  He's out $7 mil.  Ouch!! Not a good executive decision.

$70,000 not $7million. But hey, what's 2 more zeroes?

Why don't the Broncos eat cereal?  Because they lost the bowl.

Why didn't Peyton Manning throw in the towel?  He was afraid Seattle would intercept it.

Why have they recalled all the Peyton Manning action figures?  Choking hazard.

How are the Broncos like a tampon?  Only good for one period, no second string.

OK, I'm leaving now......  :p

I don't think we can make Manning take the rap, he threw the most completed passes in Super Bowl history. Their offense just could not crack the Hawks line and the D was another story altogether. ::)

Jeff said:
At 5 yards a pass the completions didn't mean much.

Exactly.  And anything longer was either thrown away or intercepted.  Lack of blocking was part of the problem...Peyton was always rushed to throw the ball....and his receivers were well covered. 

Back
Top Bottom