Superbowl game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Denver's touchback reminds me of the last time the Patriots were in the Super Bowl. I think it was the first play of the game and Brady got called for intentional grounding while in the end zone (bad call). They got a touchback and never recovered from it.

Manning has been on borrowed time for a few years. The "don't touch the quarterback" mantra of today's NFL played right into his strengths. In addition, for the first time in years he got called for illegal procedure, which he does on almost every play (walking around and pointing..AFTER he was set and already started a snap count) with impunity. Also, the wobblers he has thrown for two years finally caught up to him as well.

Reminds me of Gretzky back in the day. My daughter could score 20 goals if no one could ever check her without a penalty.

The Broncos did play a TERRIBLE game on Sunday but, hey, they ARE the AFC champs and only one team ended the season better than they did.

Looking forward to next season. And in the meantime, there's Nascar and it's bizarre new rules.

Wendy

parttymer said:
Reminds me of Gretzky back in the day.

I remember Gretzky back in the day and you don't score as many goals and points as he did because the refs had your back. He scored a bazillion points because he was a very talented individual. Almost as good as Bobby Orr  :)

TheNewhalls said:
I remember Gretzky back in the day and you don't score as many goals and points as he did because the refs had your back. He scored a bazillion points because he was a very talented individual. Almost as good as Bobby Orr <$1alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley__$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />

Yes, you do. What games were you watching? Either the refs gave you 2 minutes, or Marty McSorley beat the crap out of you. Gretzky, and Orr together couldn't carry Bobby Hull's or Gordie Howe's jock. IM(not so humble)O.

parttymer said:
Gretzky, and Orr together couldn't carry Bobby Hull's or Gordie Howe's jock. IM(not so humble)O.
That's  sacrilege!! :eek:

OK, I can see where this is going. Any super star that wasn't from Chicago got a pass from all the refs (except for Howe, he would carve you up with his stick). All the refs from all the sports got together and collaborated to make sure certain players had outstanding years, except Chicago players did it on their own merit. I guess Crosby and Ovi get a pass as well.

Nice talking to ya

Do we have to add hockey to politics, religion, and gun control on the discouraged topics list?

for the first time in years he got called for illegal procedure, which he does on almost every play (walking around and pointing..AFTER he was set and already started a snap count)

I doubt he'll be doing it much any more.

Seahawks receiver Richard Sherman said Seattle decoded Peyton Manning's hand signals midway through the first quarter and then knew what Denver's offense was doing for the rest of the game ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk ...

TheNewhalls said:
That's  sacrilege!!<$1alt="" title="" onresizestart="return false;" id="smiley__$2" style="padding: 0 3px 0 3px;" />

OK, I can see where this is going. Any super star that wasn't from Chicago got a pass from all the refs (except for Howe, he would carve you up with his stick). All the refs from all the sports got together and collaborated to make sure certain players had outstanding years, except Chicago players did it on their own merit. I guess Crosby and Ovi get a pass as well.

Nice talking to ya

;D

TheNewhalls said:
We'll play nice, no checking allowed.

Good, we would hate to have to make a penalty box section :)

Talk about thread drift!  From football to hockey!  Next thing we know, someone will probably mention slow pitch softball. :)

Ned said:
Do we have to add hockey to politics, religion, and gun control on the discouraged topics list?

My God....did Peyton have conservative blocking with a liberal number of interceptions thrown...by halftime, he'd shot himself in the foot. 

That should cover all the bases  ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom