Jeep Modifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have all but completed the Jeep build so I decided to go to the scales and get it weighed...the Jeep fully loaded with my tools, recovery gear, first aid supplies, etc., etc., etc. and fuel came in at 4,620#. I added approximately 500# in this build.

So yesterday I finally took the time to hook the Jeep up to the motor home and give it tow around the neighborhood. After everything was connected and I was going through my final check list I noted that there was no power to the SMI Stay-N-Play Duo. After several minutes of looking for something obvious, I decided to take a break from the braking system, and check my flashers, etc. I turned on the flashers, and the compressor for the braking system came on and off with the flashers...troubleshooting solved.

Somehow my Jeep builder got involved in the wiring for the SMI supplemental braking system and got it wired incorrectly. Now i get to spend the next several hours back tracing everything. An electrician I am not... :-\

I guess if you want to look at the bright side, you at least found out now rather than hooked up and heading out of town. 

If there is a bright side anyways. :(

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
I guess if you want to look at the bright side, you at least found out now rather than hooked up and heading out of town. 

If there is a bright side anyways. :(

Mike.

That is most definitely a bright side. My mechanic is going to make it good for me, by giving me some shop labor credit for whatever I've got to spend to get it fixed properly. Since I have plans for some more work to the Jeep it is a fair offer. 

Oscar Mike said:
That is most definitely a bright side. My mechanic is going to make it good for me, by giving me some shop labor credit for whatever I've got to spend to get it fixed properly. Since I have plans for some more work to the Jeep it is a fair offer.

Good marketing technique on his part.  Mess something up and then give you a credit so you have to bring it back in and spend more money at his shop.  My hat is off to him, I should have thought of that. ;)

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Good marketing technique on his part.  Mess something up and then give you a credit so you have to bring it back in and spend more money at his shop.  My hat is off to him, I should have thought of that. ;)

Mike.

Just like one of those "General Contractors"... always chasing money or chasing work...

Went out to Gold Butte yesterday with an acquaintance and got her dusty. Nothing too strenuous, all trails and wash board roads. 150 miles of out n the middle of nowhere. I am happy to report that even with the 47 miles of wash board road everything held together nicely.

Attachments

• Gold Butte 003.JPG
    Gold Butte 003.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 22
Yep, I took the Jeep out for a spin this morning and I have a new rattle, but everything else is still where it's suppose to be.

The rattle was the exhaust system, I had to take it to the muffler shop for a nip and tuck to get the system to drop and hang freely. While I was there I had them install a new MagnaFlo Exhaust and MagnaFlo Catalytic Converter...Ouch.

I am taking the Jeep out this weekend to cruise the trails into Death Valley with a group of folks.

That sounds fun.  Death Valley is kind of cool to play around at.  Take pictures.

Mike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom