Snowed In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedoghouse

We are new to RVing and our first trip out is happening now (not counting the trip from Temecula to our home in central CA)

But I digress.

We are currently in Corvallis and we are snowed in, literally.  So my question is, when we are able to begin our trip home (south), what road would be the best to take from Corvallis or the I-5 corridor to the Pacific Ocean?

We are in a motorhome, 32 feet.  And we are novices.  Obviously.  Or we might not be in this situation!!!

I will share our story as I author a blog. (Link in signature line.)

Thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer.  And for any glowing remarks about my blog.
Dianna aka traveling princess

You can easily drive Hwy 20 to Newport (also currently has a lot of snow) or Hwy 34 to Waldport. I would keep checking the highway conditions and plan your departure when the passes are at least plowed. (Better if you can wait until everything thaws out, maybe mid-week.) I am in Dallas, OR, and we have a foot of snow here. We're hunkered down for the duration of this mess. (It's beautiful to look at, but a mess, nonetheless!) :eek:

We have had at least a foot.  May not even be able to get to the store today.  Ice storm.  OMG.  It's my husband's birthday today and I may not be able to get to the store to get food to make a spectacular dinner.  A special birthday, indeed!!  LOL. 

Our plan is to take Highway 20 when it melts.  Thanks for the assurances and advice.  This is our first official RV trip in our RV, dubbed The Dog House.  It maybe the last time we ever go north of, say, Morro Bay, CA (our home).

You'll love this area in summer.  We made a trip around the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state last summer. It was gorgeous.  Don't give up on us because of a freak snow storm!! :'(

thedoghouse said:
We have had at least a foot.  May not even be able to get to the store today.  Ice storm.  OMG.  It's my husband's birthday today and I may not be able to get to the store to get food to make a spectacular dinner.  A special birthday, indeed!!  LOL. 

Our plan is to take Highway 20 when it melts.  Thanks for the assurances and advice.  This is our first official RV trip in our RV, dubbed The Dog House.  It maybe the last time we ever go north of, say, Morro Bay, CA (our home).

At least this will be a memory that you can chuckle about.

Back
Top Bottom